+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hey guys! Opinions wanted

Hey guys! Opinions wanted

Hey there, I'm new to the forums (though I've been creepily stalking them for over a year now, just decided to make an account, lol.)

I have recently started a relationship with a wonderful girl who I'm growing quite attached to. We've been going out a week now, went on two dates. She recently asked me if I would like to spend next Saturday with her at her home. I would like to point out that we're both pretty young (I'm a few weeks shy of 17, she just turned 16,) and that this is my first girlfriend (yay!)

My question is: Is it too early for me to be at her home? I mean, both of her parents are going to be there, so there won't be anything happnening (hand-holding is the most risque we've got so far.) What do you guys think? Thanls for the advice!

How comfortable are you about talking to your parents?
    If you need advice, try asking them or any older brothers
    than you might have, on how to approach the situation....
    I suggest you go, and just use this as good experience to what happens later....
    Find a place that teaches dance lessons that you both can share your emotions like Latin
    Dancing , and then you'll have a new interest and something special to share together.

P.S. Take as many risks as you can, opportunities will come and go, you will
    decide what is the best choice at that moment for a possible outcome.

If you respect this girl, treat her parents with respect, and don't move
    too fast or they'll become suspicious and lose all respect for you.
    Last edited by Kromat; 20-06-08 at 02:10 PM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

No, it's normal at this age to meet the parents rather soon. Her parents most likely want to know who she's dating... her dad especially.

I'm the oldest child, unfortunately, so older ones for advice. I dunno, I've met her mother (just today actually) and she wasn't that bad, and I got a mysterious head nod from her dad once, lol.

I wanna take it slow, mostly because I'm nervous over my lack of experience (kissing and such,) but I dunno, she's... forward, lol. Plus, I dont wanna make a bad impression on her family.

I'll probably go and see what happens, can't be that bad can it?

Do NOT kiss in front of her parents.

I doubt that would happen, lol.

Actually, I'd rather not have any kissing happening while I'm there. I believe there would be much flipping out of the parents (both of ous)

Don't hold her hand, either. I suggest you avoid any physical touching all together. No, I am not kidding.

Also, shake her father's hand and look him in the eye when you speak (but not in a confrontational way).

Remove any facial piercings, cover any tattoos, avoid jeans that sag below your ass, and don't wear shirts that reference sex or drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Don't hold her hand, either. I suggest you avoid any physical touching all together. No, I am not kidding.

Also, shake her father's hand and look him in the eye when you speak (but not in a confrontational way).

Remove any facial piercings, cover any tattoos, avoid jeans that sag below your ass, and don't wear shirts that reference sex or drugs.
    My thoughts exactly. I would rather there be no physical contact while I'm in her parents' house, I'm afraid of how I would look from their perspective. Evidentally they thought her last boyfriend was a significant jackass, and I don't wanna make the same impression.

Now how do I go about telling her this? Lol

I have no piercings, tatoos, despise those types of jeans, and have no such shirts. Should be good in that respect

How do you go about telling her what? That you don't intend to touch her in front of her parents? I'm not sure it is even necessary, however you could just tell her PDAs in front of parents are asking for trouble, so you plan to avoid them. :shrug: