+ Follow This Topic

Thread: And a question comes about. (General love question

And a question comes about. (General love question

So, here's my new dilemma. Without going into what brought it all about, this is a general question on which I'd like opinions of.

Is love disposable?

That, and if you love once and you break up, can you find it again with another person?

First question explained- if you are in love with somebody, and they are in love with you, but somehow they grow distant (talking to you less, not opening up, etc etc), and you suddenly have the need to dispose of them, as in break up, never talk again, that kind of thing. Does that make love disposable? Keep in mind, the symptoms I wrote out are a sign of distancing her/himself from the other person, so at that point, is the person who is being distanced from disposing of love? Or is the distancer (new word), disposing of it? Is it even love anymore?

Second question explained- If two people are in love, and they split and never talk again, can love be found AGAIN with somebody, or if it ended, was it not love in the first place?

Thoughts?

Good question but a bit hard to find for it a full answer. Love lost is normal even if we receive the first shock of break up then get used by time to be far apart from our ex lover.
    Finding a new love to make up the space left in heart and at home, is left to destiny. That is what i think about it.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know about the whole 'love being disposable' thing, but I do know that you can love someone else after breaking up with someone you previously loved. It also does not mean there was no love in the previous relationship, simply that either you or your idea of love has changed and it doesn't fit that person anymore.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Heaven View Post
    Is love disposable?

That, and if you love once and you break up, can you find it again with another person?

First question explained- sign of distancing her/himself from the other person, so at that point, is the person who is being distanced from disposing of love? Or is the distance (new word), disposing of it? Is it even love anymore?
    Anyone is disposable, If no children are involved, we're given a chance, so now we have to prove it to them that we are there for her and will do whatever it takes to make ourselves happy at our career and bring her into an enjoyable lifestyle without having to worry about finances and arguments about who's paying what, or not showing emotion or being supportive of her when she needs you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Heaven View Post

Second question explained- If two people are in love, and they split and never talk again, can love be found AGAIN with somebody, or if it ended, was it not love in the first place?
    There must be a reason to go all those months and years together, love can remain constant If you show each other affection and bring something new to your life and treat them like you met them.
    As we age, we have more responsibilities put on us, that she wants to know If your improving yourself and being financial stable for years to come, or just getting by.
    I don't like it when couples have too many of the same interests, there isn't a chance to try something new and it becomes dull.
    Love is a daily thing, if you stop showing her how important she is in your life, she'll grow distant and have no regrets to let you go.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

or differences were there but took time to float on the surface and lead to a break up.
    The word 'differences' reminded me of a question i thought of sometime ago, do similar or differennt partners attract? Which means do u need to be a copy of ur partner so love grows and life continues or you need to be different so you complete each other?

I understand now.

If one person stops showing how important the other is to them, love fades.

My personal conclusion is if it's TRUE love, the other person will never stop showing how important I am to them.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's a part of it, yes. what you refer to as 'true love' has many things that go along with it, including respect and trust.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think everyones vision on love is very different. Personally I think you can love someone break up and fall in love again with another person. Now I think love can be something that is temporary. You may have loved that person for whatever reason but drifted apart. That feeling you had will never go away even though the feelings have changed.

Just like how you can love a family member but yet still hate them at the same time. Thing's may change, even though you may find love with another person, to me love can never be recreated to be the way you have experienced it before. I think it is a strange thing. I personally can't describe it. To me love is when I feel so strong for a person I can't even fathom a way of explaining or expressing it fully.

Love may be disposable by means that you don't love them as you have had before, If theres nothing to keep that love between you two there then surely it will die out. Then all you have left are memories of when you were in love.

You can definitely love again after having been in love. Love is not a selfish thing that can only be felt once in a lifetime by someone. Though you it may take some time to find that love again as love isn't easy.

What if financial/health/jealousy problems happened to interfer with life? What if others wished this relationship to end? One of the partners might have a weaker character and give an ear to those haters. In this case, love still exists but will it be able to survive?.
    Last edited by clearskies; 21-06-08 at 04:09 AM.

Tedel Guest
    I once heard that "eternal love lasts 3 years". Sure it's a pun.

The point is that, biologically, we are sort of programmed to love someone, stay with him or her for about three years and then the love drugs that your brain releases start to faint. You are right: enough time to get together, have a child and overpass the time of greatest vulnerability after that. Source of this was an anthropological study.

Now, if you want, you can go and follow these or other anthropological studies. You can also make up your mind and love only one woman for the rest of your life. It is your life, so you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by gennady28 View Post
    Everyone check this website i found. Its a love website where yo can calculate the percentage of love with your partner it really is great ...everyone should try it !!!

[url]www.myshittywebsite.com/index.php?ref=1[/url]
    So that was your purpose... posting 15 times so you could post a link to your shitty website.