+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abstinence from Drugs and Alcohol

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Abstinence from Drugs and Alcohol

I'm determined to go abstinent from all drugs and alcohol for at least a year for a number of reasons... That includes even a single drink of alcohol or a single adderall pill

Starting today

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm determined to go abstinent from all drugs and alcohol for at least a year for a number of reasons... That includes even a single drink of alcohol or a single adderall pill

Starting today
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=4QQkMVddwx0"]YouTube - Tim Minchin : 'Rock 'n' Roll Nerd' - music video[/ame]
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Good. These were the only character flaws you had, and so now you can be perfect.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree about any recreational drugs & alcohol. But I recall you are also taking antidepressants?

I know you're a chemist but I don't know how much pharmacology you know, DM. But if you go cold turkey on some ADs, you will crash & rebound.

Got to let those natural serotonin levels reequilibrate. Wean yourself gradually from those. PM Vash you must, young padawan.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Congrats.

I don't really see the point of drugs or alcohol. Ok, besides getting really drunk, which will also end in puke and therefore equals all benefits still back to 0. C'mon, even coke is better for just a drink.

But therefore, oddly I am drinking beer right now. Take that DM! here, beer beer beer beer, a cold can of beer, pffst, ah, there opened, a cold can of beer!
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I know you're a chemist but I don't know how much pharmacology you know, DM. But if you go cold turkey on some ADs, you will crash & rebound.

Got to let those natural serotonin levels reequilibrate. Wean yourself gradually from those. PM Vash you must, young padawan.
    I'm not stopping my Prozac take. I just meant illegal and nonprescription drugs

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    But therefore, oddly I am drinking beer right now. Take that DM! here, beer beer beer beer, a cold can of beer, pffst, ah, there opened, a cold can of beer!
    When I think of alcohol I think of 151, not beer. Beer you can barely tell it has alcohol in it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-AfOhyn_S4&NR=1"]YouTube - Drugs are bad[/ame]

Of course American beer is pure water... I should send you some tough East-European beer, if I am certain it survives the trip.

I am not saying beer I am drinking right now has any alcoholic value, only 4,7% but at least it tastes a lot better than vodka and my goal is not to get dead drunk.
    Last edited by boobaa; 22-06-08 at 07:11 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    are you in the military or something?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Video
    I liked that Scorp.

Coincidentally, presenters name is Paul McDermot. I spoke to him a few times when I worked in a video store about 8 years back. He wasn't as funny in real life.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

hopefully you don't go into withdrawal's with those illegal meds you say you have been taking, it makes it much much harder as your body is so used to it. Goodluck though! It's not an easy thing to do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not gonna go into withdrawals of any type because I'm not addicted. Thanks for your concern though

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So why do you pollute your body with that shit? Is it for the experience? I can relate, but you MUST be bored to hell w/it by now.

No offense, DM, I think you're a brilliant young man, but there are waaaaay more interesting things you can be spending your time thinking about. And your mind is your most valuable resource. If you need to shut it down, there are much better & potentially less destructive ways to do it. (I meditate when I can't shut her down).

I think its past time you stopped screwing around with it. Good for you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really don't care much about the "experience" approach to it. Of course I'm gonna like it, no surprise there. It's just a product of being bored all the time

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to start making notes about things that are interesting to you. Write down your ideas.

What year are you in DM? Have you thought about hooking up with a good advisor yet? I think its time you started thinking about something that doesn't have a right/wrong answer that you have to make some neurons stretch for.

What are you interested in, DM? Skip the flip 'pussy' answer, I already know that.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast