+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Countries you will never ever visit.......

Definitely, most of us will agree on that no one will be interested in visiting places of war such as Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Israel and west bank, Lebanon, Kashmir (India and Pakistan), what else?
    The question now is , what places are dangerous from the health point of view rather than safety? Like epidemic diseases or mosquitos or ...what else?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    India is dangerous from that point of view

Some places in Africa (Other than the North) do have this health problems but I do not know which countries.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Are you kidding? There are conferences in Jerusalem (I've never been yet tho). Are you saying if I went, there are ME countries that wouldn't let me in b/c of this??

Is this a US thing or wouldn't it matter I had a Cdn passport?
    The countries that won't let anyone in with an Israeli stamp on their passport are Libya, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Sudan, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen. It doesn't matter what country you are from.

Clearskies - for the record, Israel is a fantastic country to visit... very tourist friendly (both Jews and Arabs). In fact, my husband is going there tomorrow. You just want to stay away from Gaza. That would be like going down to the inner city during a riot. Even the West Bank is relatively safe, depending on when you go. certainly it is no worse than going to many other counties in the world where poverty is a problem.

I also thought a couple of us wanted to visit India, so I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "most of us would agree". I didn't think we did.
    Last edited by shh!; 23-06-08 at 05:36 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The US and British Virgin Islands are the best in the Caribbean, according to my parents from their experience, me from my little experience, and quite a few other people who have done the Caribbean before

I wouldn't mind visiting the middle east, got several buddies from Iraq and Iran back in Sweden and an Iranian former housemate over here, and they're all good fellas.

Sure, if you decide to visit the conflict areas you will be in trouble, but if you stay away from them it's still easy to a pay a visit and not having to be constantly paranoid over getting kidnapped.

It's like in Sri Lanka you got a war that has raged for 25 years, but despite a few bombs near the capital and occassional incidents at the airports the southern parts of the country are still perfectly fine to visit.

As for me, I really can't think of a reason why I would want to visit the U.S. Maybe if the trip was free and I had nothing better to do, but meh.

As for disease it is a moderately common thing about India is just that you get stomach-sick at the end of the trip because you're unused to the food, didn't happen to anyone in the group I was with when going there but heard it as a general rule.

And there's not an awful lot of a need to worry about disease in Africa, you wont catch AIDS unless you engage in activities with the local whores (and if you're that dumb you deserve it), and as for malaria it is rare that you will pick it up or be life-threatened as long as you sleep under the nets and stick close to a major city where you can easily afford the treatment.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm dying to visit India. We almost went to New Delhi this year (but doing OZ instead).

Next trip, I think.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ummmm.. i wouldn't want to go to a place where you will end up as their main course...
    i think i'm a guy with boobs (???)

Carribean... WAO that is real fun indeed ... virgin nature as it is called. I did not go for a job interview there as I was busy but if it came up again I will not let it go.

anachronistic Guest
    I would go anywhere, if given the opportunity.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm dying to visit India. We almost went to New Delhi this year (but doing OZ instead).

Next trip, I think.
    Don't forget the whole Indian experience, including the extreme poverty, malnutrition and disease that so many people live with

I'm glad at least nobody mentioned Haiti. It's kind of messed up when wealthy (to us: lower class and above) people visit places where most people live in horrible conditions

Tedel Guest
    You want virgin nature? come to the Amazon

Now that you asked, I've always been a little reticent of travelling to the US. I don't know why, honestly.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Now that you asked, I've always been a little reticent of travelling to the US. I don't know why, honestly.
    Funny enough that is how a lot of Americans feel about traveling to ANY other country. Especially my friends from Long Island. They're like "To get anywhere we have to go through NYC, which already has everything, so why go any farther?"

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Funny enough that is how a lot of Americans feel about traveling to ANY other country. Especially my friends from Long Island. They're like "To get anywhere we have to go through NYC, which already has everything, so why go any farther?"
    So in that case the purpose to go travelling is to do what? Shopping?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast