+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's your favorite romantic date?

What's your favorite romantic date?

I am curious to hear from all the ladies here about what they consider a most romantic date? This is assuming that you already have a boyfriend or a husband.
    Real love is an act of romance.

I've had 2 spectular dates. First with an old bf (Iron) wow incredible, we went to dinner and then went to our local beach. We walked it for a bit, then he turned me around and gave me a yummy lasting kiss. I'll always remember that because it was at sunset it was beautiful.

Then my hubby our first date was amazing. He owned his own sailboat and lived on it. Had the dinner, walked the pier where are all of the sailboats are, and it was later in the evening, it was dark, but the docks were lit so beautiful with those sailboats, he said to me "this is the best place to have our first kiss" and laid it on me. The next day he proposed to me on his boat.

Romantic to me is alot of the unexpected.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    I've had 2 spectular dates. First with an old bf (Iron) wow incredible, we went to dinner and then went to our local beach. We walked it for a bit, then he turned me around and gave me a yummy lasting kiss. I'll always remember that because it was at sunset it was beautiful.

Then my hubby our first date was amazing. He owned his own sailboat and lived on it. Had the dinner, walked the pier where are all of the sailboats are, and it was later in the evening, it was dark, but the docks were lit so beautiful with those sailboats, he said to me "this is the best place to have our first kiss" and laid it on me. The next day he proposed to me on his boat.

Romantic to me is alot of the unexpected.
    Proposed on the second date? How long had you known each other?

My best date ever was with my bf. We went to the pier and we did everything from mini-golf to video games. We were out for like 6hrs and didn’t even notice the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whats your opinion of the first date picnic? I used to cook for a living and still love cooking for people, but asking a girl back to my place to start a first date is just odd in my opinion.

She wants me to surprise her, so I was planning on cooking up a nice picnic to take to the park with us. That way we can just sit and chat and eat, without having to deal with wait-staff and such.

I am not sure if I should get some flowers for the middle of the blanket, like a fake table setting, maybe one of those no flame electric candles too?

What do you think?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256 View Post
    Whats your opinion of the first date picnic? I used to cook for a living and still love cooking for people, but asking a girl back to my place to start a first date is just odd in my opinion.

She wants me to surprise her, so I was planning on cooking up a nice picnic to take to the park with us. That way we can just sit and chat and eat, without having to deal with wait-staff and such.

I am not sure if I should get some flowers for the middle of the blanket, like a fake table setting, maybe one of those no flame electric candles too?

What do you think?
    Sounds good to me. Make sure she is okay with the outside setting...some people are not. Also maybe a bug repellent type of device would be nice. Do you two mind a little alcohol? I would give her a flower before the picnic.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Proposed on the second date? How long had you known each other?
    LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that... a first kiss followed by a proposal one day later...?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256 View Post

What do you think?

Did you go back to the cashier?? Who's this girl??

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that... a first kiss followed by a proposal one day later...?
    Bet they knew each other before.... let's see what she says.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Bet they knew each other before.... let's see what she says.
    That's why I was asking... they had to have known each other before, otherwise I'd think she was somewhat crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Did you go back to the cashier?? Who's this girl??
    Haha, I actually did. Turns out it was her last week and she starts full time on her nursing job next week.

Yeah, she said she likes nature. The parks around here all have strict no booze policies although I could pull off a demi-bottle of wine, but ill ask her about it first. I myself am a pretty light drinker.

Also just FYI, buy your picnic baskets well in advance. I spent 5 hours today tracking one down.

Edit: Sorry for derailing the thread, but this will be the most romantic date I have been on if it doesn't go bad.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Tone Guest
    Good luck Ratfish! Let us know how it goes in a new thread.