+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isolation

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Hmm, there's some kind of mental difference I read about months ago, can't remember what its called, but its uncertain whether it is a disturbance or just a different condition.

Anyways, it pretty much went down to a person with it often being content with being on his/her own and never had any real need or desire for regular social interaction. I don't see a problem with it.

Me neither. I tend to enjoy solitude, and solitude does not equal lonliness. I don't believe there is anything pathological about being comfortable being alone... on the contrary, I feel it is more a problem when people are too needy of other's time.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    About satisfaction, Is there anyone on earth who could say 'I am satisfied'?
    I think only a few.
    I am satisfied.

I am ready to give up my life when it is time.

I would reckon that is due to mistrusting others. Someone might fear being stung or stabbed from the back again, so one tends to live lonely as much as he/she can. Is that the case?
    If you mistrust and fear others to the point where you become a recluse then it's a problem. It's healthy to spend time on your own, actually it's encouraged, everyone needs their own private space. But if you specifically start to avoid others due to mistrust and various fears then I would advice to check yourself for Sociophobia [url]http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12431[/url] it's a life crippling condition.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

About satisfaction, Is there anyone on earth who could say 'I am satisfied'?
    I think only a few.
    I'm satisfied. I've got everything I need and want (and more).
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I am satisfied.

I am ready to give up my life when it is time.
    When is the time? You are not afraid of death? If you get hurt really really bad, and are in near death situation, would you let someone to end your pain because you have actually more to lose than win?

I bet if I would kick in your butt and insult you really really bad (hypothetically speaking), you would not be so ready anymore, since someone has hurt your pride. -- that is something to overcome.
    Last edited by boobaa; 01-07-08 at 08:34 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Point of living is learning. Period.

today i looked under a rock at work and i learned that there was nothing but dirt under it.

anyways, i agree with the learning process, but a desire to learn must also be present. if someone has a low self esteem to begin with, why would learning be at the top of their agenda? more so, if someone doesn't trust anyone, why would they want to ever leave their house?? they might only have the desire to sit and stare at a wall all day. i dunno

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    When is the time? You are not afraid of death? If you get hurt really really bad, and are in near death situation, would you let someone to end your pain because you have actually more to lose than win?

I bet if I would kick in your butt and insult you really really bad (hypothetically speaking), you would not be so ready anymore, since someone has hurt your pride. -- that is something to overcome.
    I don't know when the time is, nor do I care. I am not afraid of death, even if it is a long, dark, painful road. I have been in near death situations, and I am healthier than a horse... but if I were put in a position where I was going to soon die for certain, and the doctors predicted when, I would live the time through, until I breath no more... without requests. But honestly, it wouldn't matter, if I saw it fit to kill myself in that situation, I would. I have nothing to win, but nothing to lose. I would gladly give away anything I own to anyone who needed it - not because I am generous, but because I know what it is like to be in that position, and I understand.

Dude, I am ready to ****ing die. On the spot, all the time. Even when I am jerkin' the gerkin.

What does worry me though, the one reason why I am afraid to die, though, is because I know people will be hurt. Many people will be hurt. I may enjoy my solitude, but I am the guy that everyone in town likes. I am the guy that kills the rattlesnake with his bare hands to save the life of a 2 year old girl, and I am the guy that removes 5 treble hooks from the neighbors' puppy who tried to eat a shad rap, and I am the guy that takes the alcohol poisoned girl to the hospital, and explains to her parents what happened, even though I don't even know her, and I am the guy that does volunteer work and fixes computers for free, and cares how everyone is doing, and likes to spend time with old people in the nursing home who have nobody left to talk to, and don't speak English fluently.. and I will be missed. I would much rather be forgotten, or erased, so that those people do not suffer from it. I am still trying to learn that everybody suffers. Karma is the one difficult thing for me to accept - and not for my own sake. Death and life are the hands of a circle.

Oh, and that's the part I don't enjoy about relationships. I want my whole world to include this person that I love all of a sudden, and they want a life of their own you know. You can't always be attached at the hip... you have to separate. My least favorite words are hello and goodbye. That is a psychological problem I have, though - I always have that feeling of wanting to cry when I have to go. And I have always wanted to write a song about that, but I never really knew I did. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discover that! But that's one reason why I like being alone... I don't have to say hello or goodbye. But I enjoy being alone. I could live completely on my own and be happy

But I keep on living, because this is a mysterious place, and I have many things to learn. I am a very curious person, and I will keep on living until it kills me. I guess that makes me a cat then, huh?

edit: I have something kind of funny to share with you. I hope it makes you laugh; back in the good ol' days, when I was a Christian, I used to pray to God to not let me die until I got to do so and so. I did this throughout my life, because I felt like death was around the corner, and could strike at any moment. I have a deadly medical history, and I almost died in bed a few years ago from some sort of intestinal disease that was never diagnosed. But anyway, I always prayed like that for little things. At first I felt like I needed to stay alive to play Gamecube... then it was Metroid Prime... and then I became a horny teenager, and I needed to stay alive to lose my virginity... and to see the next episode of Inuyasha, and it just got out of control. I was a silly Christian.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 02-07-08 at 03:39 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LW, you're taking the Buddhist thing too seriously. You are, paradoxically, ATTACHED to it. Like all religions, it is meant as a way to appreciate life, not become detached from it (despite what the monks say).

If everyone became truly detached, what would happened to the world--just do the thought experiment.

You were born to live. Death will come in its time. Meantime, take all you can b/c, eventually, the universe WILL come around to collect its cut.

*kiss*
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Tone Guest
    I love you, indi.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You were born to live.
    There's a really good Russian Hevy Metal song with that name. The chorus went something like:

Don't cry, don't regret and don't call
    For weak is the whip, for willing the freedom
    Carry your name to the light with a warm feeling
    Ask the wind for the way
    No more confusion and no more fear
    Take all as it is and don't blame God or the Demon

<Awesome rhyming lost in translation>
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I love you, indi.
    I'm just a bored, intellectual, wannabe hippie w/too many ideas & too little time, Tone.

I want to make it to Mars in my lifetime & live the life Gene Roddenbury wanted us to live... waaaah!

But I love you too hun.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LW, you're taking the Buddhist thing too seriously. You are, paradoxically, ATTACHED to it. Like all religions, it is meant as a way to appreciate life, not become detached from it (despite what the monks say).

If everyone became truly detached, what would happened to the world--just do the thought experiment.

You were born to live. Death will come in its time. Meantime, take all you can b/c, eventually, the universe WILL come around to collect its cut.

*kiss*
    Thanks indie, I know you love me

First of all, that post was kind of retarded. Mainly because I was extremely drunk when I posted it. But anyway, to shorten up in a better explanation, I do enjoy life... I have no desire to die or kill myself... absolutely none. But I have the ability to let go. I know that when I die, I will have a smile on my face. I know that when I die, my life will not remain left behind, unfulfilled.

Today has been a very rough day for me. I am going to post about it, and then I am going back to sleepy.

My shrink said something yesterday that keeps resonating with me. She said she wasn't telling me this to be depressing, but more to hammer home a point to me about finding love. She said at the end of the day, no matter if you're with someone or not, you're still alone, so to speak. Another person can contribute to your happiness, but can't be your happiness. You have to learn to be ok with you first.

"Tillsammans är man mindre ensam" -> "Together you are less alone" is sort of a saying over here. Maybe it applies.

anachronistic Guest
    Lipp what language is that? It looks beautiful. It looks kind of Germanic, and I understand a little bit of it, by the way.

Maybe it's latin. I have never seen it with the diarecis or however it's spelled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast