+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Isolation

Swedish. Unfortunately it doesn't sound as cool as it might look when written, I've always had a preference for english.

My sig is latin though.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Swedish. Unfortunately it doesn't sound as cool as it might look when written, I've always had a preference for english.

My sig is latin though.
    I disagree; Swedish sounds very beautiful compared to English, in my opinion. I think German is the most beautiful sounding language, compared to all of the languages I've heard. Is Swedish your native tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    "Tillsammans är man mindre ensam" -> "Together you are less alone" is sort of a saying over here. Maybe it applies.
    If you're curious, here's the connections I see. Maybe you can tell me how accurate they are:

Swedish | German | English

Tillsammans | zusammen | together

är | ist | is

man | man | one

mindre, I do not understand.

I think that ensam may be related to the German 'einsam' but I am not sure.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For beauty, can't beat the spanish language, IMO. I refer to proper Castillian spanish, btw.

I think Chinese, German & English are the least attractive sounding languages.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    - No matter if you're with someone or not, you're still alone.
    - Another person can contribute to your happiness, but can't be your happiness.
    - You have to learn to be ok with you first.
    I really like that Starbuck. That is true, to be in harmony with oneself is more important than being with others. I heard from some married people that they are still suffering from that painful feeling of being lonely while as they say are in successful relationship.

Spanish is musical, I enjoy listening to Spanish people..

Tedel Guest
    Yo hablo español.
    (I speak Spanish)

Happiness if a frame of mind. It isn't another person. Though another person can be a cause to that frame of mind. There is no being alone or not. How you spend your time is no ones business as long as you enjoy it. I think none of it has to do with not trusting people, sometimes I just prefer to be in private. Most of the time I am around people though.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 26-07-08 at 02:15 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Happiness if a frame of mind. It isn't another person. Though another person can be a cause to that frame of mind. There is no being alone or not. How you spend you time is no ones business as long as you enjoy it. I think none of it has to do with not trusting people, sometimes I just prefer to be in private. Most of the time I am around people though.
    Me too, I am always surrounded by people at work, either much older than me or much younger than me!!.. It is not a joke but that is the way it is. I like the way you express it as 'Happiness is a frame of mind' rather than a person or group of people. I am so social when I am with others..that is what is said about me!! while i feel still lonely.. strange, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    I am so social when I am with others..that is what is said about me!! while i feel still lonely.. strange, isnt it?
    No, not really. I feel like that very often. Even when with my friends I can still feel lonely. Who knows, maybe that is what people mean by the term "they complete me" when they refer to a significant other. Which is best when one realizes that the state of being doesn't depend on having people around you, people depend on having you around them rather. I almost daily hang out with friends and other people and it sometimes even interferes with work...but I never call them ...they always call me or come by. Sometimes I wish I could spend a lot of time alone with out having to think about things like work, friends, women, and life. I wish I could just freely be able to sit down and relax like never before
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Happiness if a frame of mind. It isn't another person.
    i guess this is why i always drink so damn much. i love to be happily drunk.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123