+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Does Appearance Count that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    clearskies, I would love to know more about you, strictly out of curiosity.
    Thank you for your interest Aegis, What wd you like to know?

Indi: I thought we could do something online.. What is the best way to spread such a new way of thinking? We are not against Hi Tech teaching A/V aids, technologies and strategies but have a say to put an end to :
    - Massive amounts of information poured into the brains of pupils or HE students.
    - Attractive ppt with no context or real objectives.
    - What else?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm totally up for group marriages. So long as I'm the only male present.
    I do not know what brought the subject of group marriages here but I do not mind saying my opinion about it...
    On the personal side, my Wedding ceremony should be the most special occasion in my life. I won't share in group marriages and will be putting loads of money for this party.

I have lived in the UK & Ireland for a long time and got my PG degrees from there. I prefer never to settle in one place. I never been to Asia but it might be my next stop. I am 35, divorced with a kid.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the idea of open-mindedness and tolerance is good to a limited extent, but a lot of people don't know where to draw the line

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I think the idea of open-mindedness and tolerance is good to a limited extent, but a lot of people don't know where to draw the line
    Yes? And where should that line be drawn, DM?

Nice, meaningless phrase, that. This is the kind of problem I am talking about--half baked ideas based on a concept that hasn't actually been thought all the way through.

Take my post about line marriages as an example. I posted it, but yet I am married in a mongomous fashion. Analysis?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Man, this thread is perfect. Indie and Gribble: I don't even have to say a word because you posted my exact thoughts!

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm totally up for group marriages. So long as I'm the only male present.
    Meh, I wouldn't mind not being the only male, so long that everyone was bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Man, this thread is perfect. Indie and Gribble: I don't even have to say a word because you posted my exact thoughts!
    I agree on that.. Specially Indie who has enriched this thread much.

Its funny how some people who praise the 'question everything' lifestyle, actually appear very close minded in some areas. And some people never question anothers motives, they just assume things from their own perspective.

Its interesting how morals fed us to not question certain things, like serious matter for example. Take death, some people take it as an insult if you question someones death, but that is just an investigation because he has respect for the world, including the subject matter. If he questions and doesn't find anything to support his doubts, then tolerant guys usually respect and feel symphaty, but I for example want to know what happened, so I could feel it. I can't for something I don't know.

I've never heard about George Carlin before, thats probably because I have never lived in USA, but from this video, I like the guy. Speaks his mind and doesn't worry about people hating him afterwards, my kind of person.
    Last edited by boobaa; 13-07-08 at 06:01 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

boobaa is that the semi wrong post in the wrong place? read the title of the thread ..what is to do wrt death.... it is all about education, presntations, teaching methodologies, etc

anachronistic Guest
    Sometimes you can measure a person's intelligence, by the way they respond to something, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    boobaa is that the semi wrong post in the wrong place? read the title of the thread ..what is to do wrt death.... it is all about education, presntations, teaching methodologies, etc
    No, it was in a very right place. And the talk from Indis post was 'question everything', I just brought an example, because my subconsious probably brought this up, maybe because of some arguments in this forum, which came into my mind. Funny how people see and remember certain words, but never the whole thing. Its interesting, sometimes I have a bit fun with that.

Often people lose control with such matters, emotional matters. However, sometimes emotions are triggered by fed moral. You know, emotions can be tricky, and can change, go over, so the best thing is to avoid them when speaking important matter., unless you want to provoke some certain emotion which actually speaks against open mindedness...
    Don't expect anything.

OK .. it fits right now.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, where do you draw the line? Tolerance I can understand. It should only go so far. Islam, for example, is a religion I have extremely little tolerance for. But what about open-mindedness? Surely there isn't a line that needs to be drawn there, right?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Being open minded is being able to accept reality, as a whole, and then creating a better reality with it.

You don't really draw lines. As far as tolerance, you should not tolerate it when a person becomes biased, or begins to insult yourself as a person. But then again, you tolerate people, not ideas.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast