+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flying the friendly skies SUCKS

Flying the friendly skies SUCKS

There is NOTHING friendly about flying nowadays. You can get on the plane with matches and lighters but not your $5 conditioner. As you go through the screening process they have huge bins of peoples things which are over 3 oz. COME ON, like lotion is going to make a difference.

I had 2 layovers and of course they were both delayed. 2 boot of the trip I wanted to read, but I had a guy who wouldnt shut up. LET ME READ!

The trip back, again 2 delays. But the trip from Philly to Tampa was heck. 3 hours. I had the aisle seat, bigger man in the middle who thought he could take up all 3 seats and invaded my space. I wanted to choke him. One leg of the trip, oh yea bring on the screaming kid. I had 4 hrs of sleep the night before, literally a 15 hour traveling day and sleeping was not an option. SHOOT ME. They should sell xanax in the airport with a shot of burbon or something. That would solve the price increase in plane fairs.

We're taveling again in 3 weeks, I think I will bring those xanax. Dag gom airline industry is a living nightmare.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I'm a pretty easy traveler... not too much bothers me as long as the flight isn't turbulent.

Why would you ever think of traveling without iPod ear buds in your ears? They are a warning to everyone near you that you don't care to talk.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its retarded, I agree. You could slit someone's throat w/a sharpened credit card edge, store enough liquid nitro in your wrist watch to seriously hurt someone sitting beside you.

Personally, I'm fatalistic about flying. I figure, once you're up there, not much you can do if there's a problem, so enjoy the ride.

I want to get on one of these soon:

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Business/BusinessTravel/popup?id=421831&contentIndex=1&page=5&start=false[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Don't they make headphones that block out pretty much all sound? You should buy some, squirrley.

I had my zune with me but burned the energy on the way up there and didnt bring the connector to charge it up in WI. I think I was unusually tired and upset so it compiled the no tolerance zone for me. Plus I was by myself bla bla bla.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you can always upgrade to first class for about double the price. i will admit, that i got to fly this way once, and damn, it was relaxing.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...