+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earwax dissolvent?

anachronistic Guest

Earwax dissolvent?

I have earwax blocking my hearing. It's annoying. What do you use to dissolve the bastards?

what about hopi ear candling?may be worth chatting to someoen about it to see if it for you?

you use exactly that, earwax dissolvent, they sell it at most pharmacies, feels all tingly and stuff! you can feel it dissolve, great stuff!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no evidence ear candling does anything, and lots of ppl have been burned from it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I have earwax blocking my hearing. It's annoying. What do you use to dissolve the bastards?
    You can go to your doctor to get it removed. The nurse will use a syringe and blast warm water saline solution into your ear to get it out. (btw you should first apply baby oil or mineral oil a few days ahead to soften the wax befor removal.

I believe you can also by the special syringe at a drug store and do it yourself.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Hydrogen Peroxide...put a few drops, let it sit for a while, then tilt your head to drain it out.

Repeat as needed.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd dilute that hydrogen peroxide with water 50/50, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I forgot but I got mine at a local pharmacy and it took a day or two then this huge chunk fell out lol.

anachronistic Guest
    I did the hydro peroxide trick a few times... doesn't feel like anything came out I still can't hear. I have earwax really far in there... my ears are ringing from the time that they've been blocked. Don't try to get earwax out with your pinky!

I am worried that I'm deph now, and annoyed because I have to use mono for recording music...

Go to a doctor. When I had a bad flu once, I had earwax that was soo bad that my it gave me a headache and my ears were killing me. He took a syringe without the metal needle then sprayed some hydrogen peroxide in there, let it sit for a while with my head tilted. Then took some more and sprayed it out hard with the syringe a couple times. You should have seen the chunks that came out. I felt soooo much better after that my earache and headache was gone right after he finished up.

So unless you've got yourself a syringe, go to a doctor and stop torturing yourself.

anachronistic Guest
    I think the earwax is why I have been so hard of hearing. We have a syringe thing, but it's one of those turkey baster things for infants. Lol... I wonder if they use it to baste children

Not to be mean or disrespectful, but my mom is very dumb and is hard to convince. I told her that I think I need to see the doctor. "Oh I wil just get some of that earwax dissolvent stuff from a physician at work." Damnit!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is so weird, I've never heard of needing earwax dissolvent, or of CHUNKS of it coming out?

I clean my ears with a q-tip everytime I get out of the shower. Never had a problem.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I clean my ears with a q-tip everytime I get out of the shower. Never had a problem.
    Not the best thing to be doing.

[url]http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2006/11/q-tips-weapons-of-ear-destruction.html[/url]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I usually just dig into my ears with my forefinger. And then cringe next time I eat something with my hands.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And by earwax dissolvent I assume we all mean solvent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast