+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can we become friends again befor she moves?

can we become friends again befor she moves?

aiight, heres my situation... me and this girl were best friends for about a year and a half and we became more than friends. i asked her out and of course she said yes and we were great together. but, we both knew she was gonna move at the end of the school year and we were gonna try tha long distence relationship thing.. she went to where shes gonna move to over spring break and when she came back i could tell somethin was different. at the end of the week she said she doesnt think we should b together anymore because she doesnt like me anymore and doesnt know y. this hurt me ALOT because besides a close family member, i have never cared about someone else soo much before.. i love this girl so even though i have no idea how she could just stop liking me, i accepted that she doesnt like me and just tryed my best to move on. shes going to b moving in like a month and a half and i dont want us to be in bad terms when she does. i told her this a few days after tha break up and she agreed.. but, its been a little more than a week since we broke up and we aint really friends at all.. i mean.. we talk at lunch because we sit at the same lunch table with our friends, but it doesnt even seem like she wants to b friends with me anymore.. im just one of those school buddies right now and that hurts because we were best firends befor we were going out.. so my question is, is this just because we're in that breaking up process, or is it gonna b like this when she moves? can we ever be the friends we once were?

She said she didn't like you anymore.
    Long distance works only on MEGA-strong relationships.
    This is not even *a* relationship.

Move on now.

ummmm im sorry but that didnt answer my question.. in fact that has nothing to do with it.. we r over, but like i said we were best friends for a year 1/2 before we started goin out.. and she is going to be moving in a month 1/2 so i dont want us to be acted stupid and not be friends because i know we both will regret that. so can friends turned lovers ever become good friends again after breakin up??

With her moving away this is very unlikely in the near future. Sorry.

But if the two of you meet in a few years, things might be completely different. For now, I would say forget about it.

I think that it's part of the process... But, she'll come around.. and I'm sure you'll be able to be friends again... arg.. I've been thru this and it sux... except I was the one moving away. I'll probobly be right in saying that she freaked about moving..... But, being best friends again is a longshot... I mean, she'll prolly end up being like a friend that has your back, regardless of what happens. Like the kind you don't talk to everyday but still know you reallly well... but not a best friend...

*Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes.*
    *There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.*
    -Henry Kissinger

-Tania

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well this might answer your question. you only want to be friends because you still do care for her. imho, i think that maybe it's better if you don't talk to her and cut off all relations. you're trying to hold onto something that isn't there. you view friendship as a good thing but it can also be a bad thing because you'll hold onto the feelings. one day hoping that things will change but in reality they won't. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...