+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Your mom isn't unhealthy? Then taking care of your father is HER responsibility. She isn't that old - certainly not old enough to have her son martyr himself over by giving up his own life. And who knows? After all those years of marriage, she may enjoy getting some time to herself once he goes. (I don't mean that to sound offensive; it is merely a reality for some women who spend their whole lives caring for others.)

You are making excuses.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you can't bring yourself to shave your head then you need to learn to be confident with however your hair looks. Confidence is what's important.

Did I say making friends was easy? I said you've got to force yourself to exercise and develop a positive body imagine. Then you've got to move out. After that you need to get an education and a good job. Does that sound easy to you? But I tell you this, you follow those steps and you won't have to try and make friends. You'll be making them every step of the way at your local gym, at your college, your job, and even at your new place with your roommate.

It'll be the hardest thing you've ever done in your entire life. And it will be the most rewarding thing, too. One other thing you should consider doing is seeing a psychologist. You sound depressed. Depression clouds your judgment and holds you back. Find a professional to talk to and consider coupling the above regimen with antidepressants.
    Last edited by Gribble; 08-07-08 at 08:07 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Find a professional to talk to and consider coupling the above regimen with antidepressants.
    I'm afraid of antidepressants. I don't want to become addicted and I'm afraid of how they might make me act. Shrinks are also expensive. But I have been thinking about seeing one.
    Last edited by Sandpiper; 08-07-08 at 08:25 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those are valid points. Points you should take up with a shrink.

They aren't all expensive. Some of them charge on a sliding scale dependent upon your income. At least they do in the US.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Tone Guest
    You can do it without medicine, pills, or psychiatrists... you just have to DIG DEEP, stop making excuses - you either want to change or you DON'T, and keep your EYES on the PRIZE, baby!

You have this one shot at life man.

One.

Is this how you want to spend the rest of your time? Or do you want to get out there and LIVE!

You're responsible for your own life. If you want better, YOU are the only one who can make it happen. So no excuses.

Tone Guest
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlS8Oerx8o"]YouTube - Hero[/ame]

If he has depression, it's more than just the case of digging deep.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    making friends at work is as easy as opening up and talking to them. getting to know what they do outside of work and maybe hanging out if they are also single. if not, maybe going the programs and activities that your job may have. if they don't have something like that...

then can i ask what is your profession?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    If he has depression, it's more than just the case of digging deep.
    I agree. People with depression tend to spend too much time digging deep. They need to get out and DO. And yes, sometimes I think they need medication.

i agree. especially in the 30's. if you haven't been motivated to do anything by then you have to be seriously depressed.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Tone Guest
    I think that's an excuse.

A copout... I can't do it because I'm too "depressed"! It's all on your outlook.

But I remember we had this argument a couple years back so I'm just going to leave it at this is just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post

then can i ask what is your profession?
    I work as a medical records clerk in a doctor's office. I have mostly female coworkers, but most are married or have boyfriends.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you've never experienced chronic depression it's impossible to really grasp. It's a mental disorder that goes beyond feeling bad for yourself.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

I have no idea if I have that or not.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    If you've never experienced chronic depression it's impossible to really grasp. It's a mental disorder that goes beyond feeling bad for yourself.
    I can respect that.

And you know, I do believe there are people who really do suffer from this.

I just think that these days society makes it seem so acceptable... "having a bad day? You may have clinical depression! Call the number at the bottom of your screen for a prescription"

I think so many people wrongly self-diagnos themselves that it makes it harder for me to believe when someone really is suffering from it. Or hell, even doctors probably wrongly diagnos it.. if they can't figure out what's wrong - oh they just have ______ . It's easier that way.

It's kind of like bigfoot. There are soooo many fakes & hoaxes that most people don't even care about the few incidents that are truly unexplainable. (okay, bad analogy!)

It's just like everyone jumping on board with the bipolar disorder. I bet half this forum believes they are bipolar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast