+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absence of Dreams

it's called narcolepcy.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I had sleep paralysis 3 times in my life, all in the same night, within a couple of hours. The first time it happened I woke in the middle of the night with the strange sensation (like you get when you're just getting over pins-and-needles) through my whole body, but couldn't move or even say anything.

I tried so hard to move and finally it leg go and i went back to sleep, not giving it much thought. The third time it happened, in my head just cursed at myself, or the thing that was paralysing me and told it to f*&%ck off struggled really hard to clench my fists, finally did, then sat up. It was all so very hard though. Then I turned on the lights and read a book.

A lot of people freak out, especially if they're religious etc I think. I've always been good rationalising.

Sleep paralysis are totaly awesome! It happens rarely, but I love the experience. It's so vivid. Can be scary when you can't move your muscles and yet you are fully conscious, just the thought that you will never be able to move again is horrifying. I feel really bad for people who have this permanent condition. But sleep paralysis are incredible. I found it mostly happens when I have either a really suspensful dream, where I'm about to engage in some action and I wake up before it happens or where a dream has run itself into a strange end. It's like you wake up before you're suppose to and the mind doesn't have time to adjust.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I rarely have dreams too...the only time when I remembered I had dreams were nightmares during my most stressful times.

Sleep walking is scary... I heard a man drove 20 miles to his in laws' home and murdered them. He was acquitted.

[url]http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_4792.aspx[/url]

Dying while sleepwalking would be quite a crappy way to go.

Today I also had a dream. I dreamed about pavement stones.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    I rarely have dreams too...the only time when I remembered I had dreams were nightmares during my most stressful times.

Sleep walking is scary... I heard a man drove 20 miles to his in laws' home and murdered them. He was acquitted.

[url]http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_4792.aspx[/url]
    My ex would sleep walk often. It is very difficult to determine if one is asleep or awake. It is nothing like the movies...more like lost of short term memory (really no memory of what you are currently doing). Very scary. He has walked outside in the middle of the night often and because I stayed up late often, I once saw him walked out of the house, into his car, and away he went. He later called wondering how did he got outside...he did not drive far. Crazy!

I think there's an idea for a movie there somewhere
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think there's an idea for a movie there somewhere
    Already been made.

I recall seeing as movie years and years ago that really freaked me out, with a guy who was sleepwalking and locked his wife inside a steaming sauna for hours, pushing her daughter's boyfriend into a lake to drown (inside a car),chopping her daughter with a shovel while digging a grave and waking up covered in blood. And it was all seen through him strapping a camera to his shoulder to find out what he was doing while sleepwalking. Actually it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

In the end he woke up with the conclusion being that he had just dreamt it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    I recall seeing as movie years and years ago that really freaked me out, with a guy who was sleepwalking and locked his wife inside a steaming sauna for hours
    I don't know why but that was funny to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12