+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absence of Dreams

Absence of Dreams

I have no dreams when I'm sleeping. Well, I probably do, but I never remember them, not even once, for a very long time.

I don't think I should be worried but I got curious, does anyone know anything about this? Didn't find much information anywhere.

Thanks.

Tedel Guest
    That's fairly normal, indeed. Many people out there don't remember their dreams.

Tone Guest
    How often do you usually sleep?

I *think* you have to be asleep for a certain number of hours before you can even enter into the "dream like state".

But don't quote me on that.

Maybe it is Tedel, I was just wondering. I tend to sleep 7 to 10 hours, sometimes more sometimes less but that's it most of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post

I *think* you have to be asleep for a certain number of hours before you can even enter into the "dream like state".

I heard that somewhere too. You have dreams and remember them when you're in light sleep. You need to sleep for at least 6 hours before you start having dreams. I wouldn't worry about it though. I don't remember my dreams either. It almost seems like the only thing I see when i'm sleeping is pure black. Oh well, it's not anything i'll lose any sleep over

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love dreaming.. it's like watching tv when you're sleeping.

i think it was stephen king that remembered most of his dreams and turned them into classic horror movies.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Sounds right to me. A lot of ppl have their most vivid dreams in the couple hours just before waking.

If you want to try something interesting, try clenching your fists hard right after waking from a dream. Bet you can't. REM sleep (when you dream) shuts down your voluntary muscles.

OP - if you want to remember your dreams, keep a pad & pen at your bedside table. Write down key words as soon as you awake so you can remember later.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Anyone aware that they've had dreams but can't recall certain parts or the whole dream?

Got lucid dreams myself (conscious of that it's just a dream) but no normal dreams.

Tedel Guest
    Talking about dreams, I've even had premonitions a few times.

Two of them were so scary I just had to call the person involved and warn them.

One dream prevented Olga from dying in Cancun.
    One dream told me Ines was pregnant of a girl.
    I couldn't prevent a rape, though. She just didn't believe me.

I usually don't dream also, but lately I have been having those kinds of dreams where naked women give blowjobs. Think they were predictions?
    Don't expect anything.

It doesn't necessarily take hours to get into REM sleep. It varies with individuals but as we age we tend to have less cycles of REM and reaching REM.

Everyone dreams when they sleep. Their are different levels of sleep, however, that determines the length of the dreams in that cycle and some cycles are easier to remember dreams, but most often the only dream you remember is the one that occurs right before waking up. You have multiple dreams while sleeping. It's your brains way of sorting through thoughts you've been having.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Sounds right to me. A lot of ppl have their most vivid dreams in the couple hours just before waking.

If you want to try something interesting, try clenching your fists hard right after waking from a dream. Bet you can't. REM sleep (when you dream) shuts down your voluntary muscles.
    Yeah it paralyzes you so you don't act out your dreams.

People who claim to be abducted or visited by ghosts often suffer from sleep paralysis... where they are awaken in the middle of the night but their body is still paralyzed.. saw a special on it once.

Yeah it paralyzes you so you don't act out your dreams.

People who claim to be abducted or visited by ghosts often suffer from sleep paralysis... where they are awaken in the middle of the night but their body is still paralyzed.. saw a special on it once.
    It's real and very scary I imagine. EDIT: The sleep paralysis of course lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast