+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Options

I just have a hard time thinking that if I'm 50 before my kids finally move out and the marriage was over way before that, I'll be 50 and trying to find a new partner. My wife and kids will be gone and I'll be able to spend the rest of my life... alone? That just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think it'd be wrong of me to divorce in order to find happiness with another partner, especially because it doesn't seriously screw children up.

Anyways, all of this is just talk. I don't need to worry about this because I'm far too picky and opinionated to end up with someone that I'm not compatible with... so when I end up married, it'll be to someone that is most likely going to be with me forever.

So long as SHE doesn't evolve in any way, you may be right.

Anyway, I'd sure like to see the data supporting your claims that divorce isn't harmful for children.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    So long as SHE doesn't evolve in any way, you may be right.

Anyway, I'd sure like to see the data supporting your claims that divorce isn't harmful for children.
    I know of people that grew up in households with divorced parents and they're fine. Who knows though... maybe they wear woman's underwear in their bedrooms.

Evolve in what way? Her personality has been the way it is for a while now. I mean, she's pretty set in her ways now... the only thing I hope she changes is I hope she makes more decisions. She's getting a lot better though. In fact, she called me a little bit ago to tell me that she had a different idea of something for us to do Friday... I was all for it. I like when she takes charge sometimes.

You all are only in your 20s. You've both got lots of growing to do. Don't you expect to be wiser and more mature in say... 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You all are only in your 20s. You've both got lots of growing to do. Don't you expect to be wiser and more mature in say... 10 years?
    She had to grow up a long time ago. She's been very mature for a few years already. I'm sure that we'll both change a little, but I don't expect it to be change that would break us apart.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456