+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm curious...

I'm curious...

I'm living in a suite next year at college with a group of my friends. Me and my potential roommate had a kind of argument over certain "room rules."

She says she is fine with me having sex with someone while she is in the room. Just wait till she's asleep first.
    I however could never do that, and wouldn't want someone to do that to me (have sex while I'm asleep in the same room.) I'm not a prude about sex, but there's just something about that situation that makes me think, "Geez, how rude." I guess I see sex as a very intimate personal thing.. But then again, I'm not like some of my friends as in I can't screw a new guy every week. I like to actually get to know them and whatnot first before getting to that... otherwise, I just don't enjoy it. Anonymous sex is not appealing to me, while to my roommate it is.

What are your thoughts on this?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh wow, she's open minded. I would NEVER have sex while another person was there. Nor would I want to hear someone else getting it on in the same room.

Your roommate is creepy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most ppl would arrange to have there roommate 'elsewhere' during this time. Or find someplace private.

I guess its not uncommon in military bunks or societies with communal housing, tho. So in that sense, its really a cultural inhibition you are dealing with. She might just be very liberal.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

... or very skanky...

I'm with bluesummer. Your feelings are important. She should respect that you are uncomfortable with this, and some other arrangement should be made. Perhaps if she is so open to having sex with other people in the room, she should go to her partner's room and do it there. Assuming her partners are male, their room mates may love the show.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd tug one out under the covers while your roommate got it on. No risk of STDs

anachronistic Guest
    I would probably watch if my roommate was getting in on some action

However I would have sex preferably when I had privacy.

anachronistic Guest
    I remember last Fall, during the beginning of the semester, I would be pounding my girlfriend over the side of my bed, and she'd be moaning and 'oo'ing loud enough for the neighbors to hear through the walls, and then my roommate would try to open the door, since he was coming back from class or something. Then we had to jump on the bed, and cover ourselves up (all while still penetrated)

My roommate always seemed to walk in on us.

One time he started asking my girlfriend what she liked in terms of sex, and I didn't like that. And she told him too!

I remember we were having sex on her roommate's futon one time, and her roommate walked on us. She didn't really seem surprised or angry, but she did stare at my ass for a bit

Have a threesome.
    Don't expect anything.