+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has this ever happened to you?

Has this ever happened to you?

About a year ago, I met the most beautiful girl with the cutest personality. I would talk to her every now and then, and she seemed to be a little interested in me. After a while my best friend got to know her through me, and before I knew it, my friend and this girl took a quick liking to each other, and this girl stopped talking to me.

I don't know if I can ever replace a girl like her, and because of that, it threw me in depression. I'm still depressed because of this, even to this day. I was already a depressed person, but this did it. This was the final piece to the puzzle for making me perform a suicide attempt. My mom caught me taking over 100 pills, and I was sent to a hospital, then a psychiatric hospital for a week, and now I see two psychiatrists every once in a while, and I'm still crushed by depression. I guessed my best friend's facebook password, and I saw the messages he was talking back and forth with this girl, reading those messages nearly killed me. Now I have to do what I can to not see my best friend or this girl, because I don't want to be reminded.

Anyone else ever go through something so horrific like this?

100 pills? And you're still alive? What'd you take... sugar tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    100 pills? And you're still alive? What'd you take... sugar tablets?
    Actually, I took over 100 Ibuprofen pills. My stomach was pumped and I didn't even show signs of sickness, although, because I took so many pills, I almost made my kidneys fail.

Firstly, I have no sympathy for people that attempt suicide. They are taking the weak way out of life to end their suffering and just transferring it all to family. No one is worth that... especially not some girl that you never even dated.

Honestly, you're going to have to suck it up and move on. Did you not date much before her? How old are you? Ever had a serious girlfriend? How many? Are you shy? Find it difficult to talk to women?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Firstly, I have no sympathy for people that attempt suicide. They are taking the weak way out of life to end their suffering and just transferring it all to family.
    I can't argue with you, and can't blame you. I don't want to say that it was a 100% suicide attempt. To be more specific, I gambled my life and got out alive, but who gives a damn, it's the same thing... The reason I'm still alive is because of my parents. They did so much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    Did you not date much before her? How old are you? Ever had a serious girlfriend? How many? Are you shy? Find it difficult to talk to women?
    To answer all your questions honestly: Not at all, 18, no, 0, sometimes, and yes. I didn't get to date this girl, since my friend kind of swiped her away.

Quote Originally Posted by yppiZ View Post
    To answer all your questions honestly: Not at all, 18, no, 0, sometimes, and yes. I didn't get to date this girl, since my friend kind of swiped her away.
    That's your problem. Basically, you're young and you've never had a serious girlfriend. You're shy, so you have a hard time talking to women and you've probably never been this close to any other girl your entire life. Because of this, you attached to her. I don't mean you stalked her... I mean you emotionally attached to her and when she was unavailable, you fell apart. This is simply because you aren't used to female attention so you basically gave up.

The first thing you need to do before approaching any relationship is fixing you. Work on your confidence and your depression. Then go out and talk to women. Don't get attached to them... just talk to them. Get used to being able to go up to any woman and start a conversation. It isn't the end of the world for you, man. You're only 18... it's just the beginning.

I understand what you're saying. It's just that, every now and then I get this triggered paranoia that I'll never meet a girl like this one again.

Quote Originally Posted by yppiZ View Post
    I understand what you're saying. It's just that, every now and then I get this triggered paranoia that I'll never meet a girl like this one again.
    Dude.... you're 18. Stop being so damn down on yourself and step into the real world.

Uhhh...
    hmmm..

nope.

never happened to me.

I have had guys 'taken' away from me. Hell, I've had guys and people ridicule me in high school. At one point for 3 years I had NOT one friend because they all thought I was spreading rumours about a girl being pregnant.
    I came out of a war.
    2 of my grandparents have died since I last say them 14 years ago.
    one grandma has severe diabetes and my uncle has cancer.
    My mum has died.

But no I have never attempted suicide because of this, let alone because of a guy rejecting me.
    When people do this it REALLY annoys me, because so many others go through so much worse and still have the strength to live good lives.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I have had guys 'taken' away from me. Hell, I've had guys and people ridicule me in high school. At one point for 3 years I had NOT one friend because they all thought I was spreading rumours about a girl being pregnant.
    I came out of a war.
    2 of my grandparents have died since I last say them 14 years ago.
    one grandma has severe diabetes and my uncle has cancer.
    My mum has died.
    I'm very sorry to hear that... I've had the same school-experience as you, although it was for 8 years, but that was because I was loud, obnoxious, and stupid... I know how it feels to lose someone close: Losing a very respectful aunt and a good friend due to an extremely brutal car crash. Not to mention I got to see my father with his skin practically missing from the left side of his body due to a him being hit by a 20,000lbs vehicle. I'm not trying to 1-up you or anything, but I'd like to say I can feel at least a fraction of what you've been through.

So I'd like to say my suicide attempt wasn't because of this girl alone, but was the final piece to the 'suicide attempt' puzzle. Forgive me, because as you can see, I have a mortifying social phobia.

I wasn't trying to 1-up you either, I was illustrating that people (not just me) go through all sorts of crap and come through. NOTHING means the end of the world, unless it actually is the end of the world

I think it would be best to stay away from both your friend and his girlfriend until your feelings for her subside, or at least limit your contact with them. Take this as an opportunity to out there and make some new friends and do things that take your mind off of them...go on facebook arrest if you have to.

Also, is it possible for you to get regular counselling? Like more than "every once in a while." It could be helpful to have a once a week session to get your depression under control.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think it would be best to stay away from both your friend and his girlfriend
    This isn't as easy as you think. Me and my friend are practically business partners, but whatever, I'm gonna have to do it anyway. To be honest, I think I'm slowly beginning to hate him.