+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Digital Photography

Digital Photography

Anybody interested in Digital Photography? I have been interested in photography for years. But until now, I was never motivated enough to look into any cameras to challenge myself to learn about photography.

Until now that is. I'm looking into Sony's alpha 350. Anybody familiar with this model? I'm also getting some books on photography.

I've been doing nothing but reading/studying so far this summer, and another 3 months to go...I need a side track, and I think this could be it!

Just wondering if anybody is also interested in photography, particularly the digitial slr camera's, or if anybody knows anything, would be nice to learn more. Or am I the only one?

Get a canon or nikon.

I've been into photography for about 6 years now on and off. Last year I bought my first really decent camera. Canon Rebel XT with a 70-200 f/4L and a 17-40f/4L. I love canon l-glass.

But whatever you do, just go out and start shooting, learn the cameras functions and how to actually frame it and lighting. Most things are learned through experience, not a book.

hey thanks...actually, nikon d80 was my first choice, but i narrowed down to sony, only because if i purchase a sony, i get extra benefits with my sony card, (reward points)!!! so sony it is, thanks for the advice though...i guess i won't spend too much time with the books, as i have enough to keep my occupied anyway, trial and error can also be fun,

Just learn about how ISO, shutter speed, aperature, and lighting all tie in with eachother and how changing one affects the other.

Also learn about the aperature and how it affects depth of field.

How shutter speed can be used appropriately for different conditions.

And how iso and noise relate.

Oh ya and learn the rule of thirds.

anachronistic Guest
    Joe's got some good choices. I'm going from digital to film. Art reasons. Same quality, though.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Same quality, though.
    That's debatable. Especially noise comparison with higher end DSLR's vs film SLR's at high ISO's.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 09-07-08 at 02:04 PM.

i'm not into digital cameras that much. personally i think disposable cameras take better pictures than digitals.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I do digital photography with my mobile phone.

Get a mirror camera, with digital feature if you don't want to spend money on films and be environmental by not wasting film paper.
    Don't expect anything.