+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are these stretch marks? :(

anachronistic Guest

Are these stretch marks? :(

Around my inner thighs, I have purplish reddish lines. I just noticed them last night in the bathroom. There's just a few, probably 6-7 at the most. They look like long lines, and they kind of indent, like a gash. They do not hurt, they are not open sores, they just look nasty. I figure it's either a stretch mark or some kind of fungus.

After googling stretch marks, they do look like stretch marks, but I am unsure, because they bevel inwards a little.

What am I getting stretch marks for?

Sounds like stretch marks... have you had a rapid growth spurt or put on weight recently?

Stretch marks usually fade to a silvery-white over time, and they look better than when they are purple.

Are you pumping iron?

sounds like what I have on my inner thighs. It's due to a rapid growth spurt. If you're worried about it, put cocoa butter on them everyday.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Are you pumping iron?
    Yeah, but just upper body. Maybe my thighs are getting chunky, or like Neo said, I am having a rapid growth spurt.

There's a cream for pregnant women for stretchmarks. Would at least lighten if not get rid of it at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry, but there is no medical evidence that creams do anything but cost you money. Of course, they may make you feel like you are being proactive, but that's about it.

anachronistic Guest
    I'll just continue to eat a healthy diet, apply vitamin E mineral oil to my skin, and hope that changes something. At least it's just something superficial.

shh, perhaps you are right (keyword: perhaps). I started using cocoa butter when I noticed stretch marks forming and none of them have gotten worse since then. Although they won't make stretch marks disappear, I do believe lotions help prevent new ones from forming.

Yeah, lotions do really help. It doesn't erase them, but it can't hurt!

I also one like that and tried almost all the regimen that i can buy otc then last week i decided to consult vicki belo with just one session i lost 3 inches and lost the stretch marks too yehey! thank you belo shape
    n the middle of difficulty lies opportunity

I got mega stretchmarks after having Ari. They were so dark they looked like tattoos at one point. But they're starting to disappear so I'm cool. I dunno, but for some weird reason, when I drink alot of water, I start losing them. As for cocoa butter, it does work. It's just a loooonnnggg time before you see any mega change, you'll end up giving up eventually unless you're really that vain.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought only women got stretch marks??? I don't even really know what they are.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

guys get them too. unless they don't have skin.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Vitamin E, Carrots, and Water help the skin with stretchmarks....Dont worry about them, they will fade to a light color and be barely noticable when they do....

Im a guy and I have some stretchmarks on my sides, and arms from working out, and gaining some weight during a growth spurt.

I use to think I was the only guy with them, until I went through bootcamp and had to shower with 80 guys on a daily basis. 75% of men have stretchmarks....

Not everyone is a brad pitt or angelina jolie.