+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Idol is ... because...

My Idol is ... because...

It just came upon my mind to ask these questions which I did not find good answers for them, so I thought of posting this thread:

- Is it important to have an idol for you in life and why? for example, that turn your ambition on to be (nearly) the same as your ideal personality.

- Who is your Idol if you have any?

- Is it important for this idol to be someone you know such as your partner, one of your parents or grand parents, one of your past teachers, celebrity,...etc?

- What if you chose someone as your idol and after somtime, you discovered something really bad about him/her which you did not know/notice before? Will that affect on your decision or life in anyway?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmmmm...... Audie Murphy because he fought a battle just him vs all. I wouldn't call him my idol but I think he's awesome for doing what he did

EDIT: He actually killed 240 German soldiers and destroyed 6 tanks. I thought my initial number was wrong
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 12-07-08 at 06:21 AM.

Oh man he is a killer.

For me, I can't see someone around who deserves to be my idol or wish myself to be a copy of him/her.. simply I can't forget the flaws of others.
    Has any one of you met such a completely ideal person who has done no mistakes ever? If your answer is yes, please send me his/her details..

anachronistic Guest
    I used to have many idols. I idolized Jimi Hendrix for the longest time. My inspiration and ability was very limited because of that, and when I realized it, I decided not to idolize anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Hmmmm...... Audie Murphy because he fought a battle just him vs all.
    My dad met him at the rifle range... it was a real thrill for him.

I actually was there, too, but I was a toddler.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol yeah that would be awesome to go to the range and see Audie Murphy there

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But in all honesty my greatest idol is a certain organic chemist with balls of steel

clearskies, i believe idolizing somebody doesnt mean he/she has to be perfect coz nobody is perfect. all of us have our own flaws. it's just simply admiring certain qualities of a person and hoping to attain those qualities within one's self as well. plus, people dont have limits on why they idolize a certain person.. be it their bad side or good side. i dont entirely believe one should have an idol but i do believe it helps to have one.
    i think i'm a guy with boobs (???)

I am thinking again of another way round for this Idol thing. What if i picked only one good quality in each of the best people I highly regard in life? For example, this one has shown high endurance and patience so when I feel really not willing to continue, i will remember him and his actions. When I am in a situation that needs a fast but tough decision to be taken, my mind will bring the character that is known for his strong will and decisive character, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    Oh man he is a killer.

For me, I can't see someone around who deserves to be my idol or wish myself to be a copy of him/her.. simply I can't forget the flaws of others.
    Has any one of you met such a completely ideal person who has done no mistakes ever? If your answer is yes, please send me his/her details..
    Why would they have to be perfect? An idol is not someone who is perfect, and you're fooling yourself if you're looking for someone perfect.

It's the flaws as well as the qualities that add to a person's character and make me like them.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mata Hari's sister... the successful one.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    What if i picked only one good quality in each of the best people I highly regard in life?

i do have lots of people i admire.. each for his own special quality that i wish i have.. but for me, they're just "inspirations" in getting myself where, who, or how i want to be..
    i think i'm a guy with boobs (???)