+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you feel when you think about...

I am curious too. Maybe he means the kind of motives like Indian people do, happy funerals.

However, to speak my mind, I think this aspect lies more in what the person was like, what he/she achieved, what you achieved with him/her and what was left unfinished. I have lost quite some people, and to this day I think: how they died, were they relieved or died with unsolved life, or from a miss?

I know there might not be an afterlife, and human body is just the body, a chemical compound, but still, as I live in presence, i do think about what was that persons last thought. I don't live in another life, nor in the past, i live in presence, and when someone is missing, I may miss.
    Don't expect anything.

The conversation, as in the LIFE; not the death (the goodbye). It's a metaphor.

Personally, I can't imagine simply not BEING. That scares me. Even while asleep, you're still somewhat concious of the fact that you're alive...but just not existing ...

A few times I thought about it accidentally. One time I was in bed just thinking about what the world will be like hundreds of years from now, really deep in thought, and then the idea that there will be no me or anyone I know hit my like a sledgehammer and I literally went into a short state of panic like I imagine I'd feel on the verge of actual death. It was weird, and it only happened to that extreme once.

Recently, my friends sister and her boyfriend were killed in a very bad car crash and I've seen two really bad accidents on the road and those things scared the crap out of me too. Cos I'm thinking, her sister and the boyfriend, how are they any different to me and my boyfriend? They probably got into the car the same way we do, drove down the same street we would, had the same conversations and hopes and plans and if it can happen to them ...

That's just of late though ... usually I'm more worried about people I know dying, but I think that's just the human thought process of "it won't happen to me"

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Death is like a goodbye; it's the end of something, but maybe not the end of everything. Plus, you shouldn't be thinking about the goodbye. You should be thinking about the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    What conversation? cd u please explain more? Did you mean conversion state from life to death?
    I really hope, that since I spend so much time to type this out, that you do not delete it, so that other people can read

I was being analogous, clearskies When you say hello, a conversation is born. When you are born on earth, your existence is new, just as new as the conversation. Sometimes people anticipate the endings of things... in many cases, that is death; it's perfectly understandable. Death is something that is very hard to accept. To say goodbye is the death of a conversation... it is the end of a moment.... and in many ways, it is like actual death.
    You know, as a human, you are consciously aware of yourself... you are given this through physical senses... and the presence of mind. And with all this, you are able to foresee through observation of the beautiful things around you, anything that might happen... and you make judgments, and based on those judgments, you make choices. This is all common sense, no? Well, we foresee death the same way we anticipate the end of the conversation; for example, we feel the need to experience certain things and to achieve certain goals, before we die, so that we can be remembered, so that there is no remorse if you are aware when you might die, or any reason that you might have. The same is with a conversation; you are (maybe unconsciously for you, but very consciously for me) constantly thinking about what to say next, how you should end the conversation, all while realizing you really don't want to end it (presuming it is someone you really like to talk to, possibly your life's love, since assuming that you don't want to die, you really enjoy life) And the reason you do this, is so that things are good... so that he/she might think about you when you go your separate ways, and so forth. It's all anatomical to death, don't you see?

My solution to this has been for a while, and will be until I find a better way (I haven't found one yet), to just live the moment. To live without judgment, and to make choices without. The ability to do so, will allow you to enjoy the conversation better (it really does, and the same lesson can be applied to life, I can honestly say out of years of experience) And not only that, but you will not be at a loss of words. You will be true to yourself and everyone you talk to. You will be void of human impurities.

You see, the way I always viewed it... is that animals are impure... and everything they do is based solely on their instincts... and I have always until recently considered people that I don't like as animals... but now, the way I see it, animals are perfect. They do not perceive death, and therefore they enjoy life. How could it be better any other way?

Unfortunately, because I am a human, and we are humans, we are separated from them by being able to perceive... to have emotions and morals and everything... we will never be as perfect as animals. But we can use them as our example, and just live for the moment. Dedicate yourselves to what you enjoy (note, this is the paragraph hinting that I am not suggesting anarchy, or chaotic behavior, for those of you who are really immature)

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I am curious too. Maybe he means the kind of motives like Indian people do, happy funerals.

However, to speak my mind, I think this aspect lies more in what the person was like, what he/she achieved, what you achieved with him/her and what was left unfinished. I have lost quite some people, and to this day I think: how they died, were they relieved or died with unsolved life, or from a miss?

I know there might not be an afterlife, and human body is just the body, a chemical compound, but still, as I live in presence, i do think about what was that persons last thought. I don't live in another life, nor in the past, i live in presence, and when someone is missing, I may miss.
    Well, I am not relating it to the indian ways. I am not an indian. I am all kinds of people, from all over the place.

I think you're on the right track, Boobaa... or that you at least have a similar mindset to my own.

I am an admirer of monogamy, and it's always hard to give up those people that you like. I am not saying that will ever be any easier. But you do have to accept that as a part of life, all things die. Death is not the way of life. There is an ending for everything. When you finally accept this, you will find that life is much easier to live.

I don't know if you ever searched through the forums or not, but I grew up in a poor home without my father around. My childhood is one that many consider 'tough' and 'unimaginable' and all that. It was tough getting through, and I even had to have visits with a psychologist to help me straighten my life out. But this post is not about me.. I just use parts of my own life to help other people understand that it can be done a better way. That's what advice giving is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    The conversation, as in the LIFE; not the death (the goodbye). It's a metaphor.

Personally, I can't imagine simply not BEING. That scares me. Even while asleep, you're still somewhat concious of the fact that you're alive...but just not existing ...

A few times I thought about it accidentally. One time I was in bed just thinking about what the world will be like hundreds of years from now, really deep in thought, and then the idea that there will be no me or anyone I know hit my like a sledgehammer and I literally went into a short state of panic like I imagine I'd feel on the verge of actual death. It was weird, and it only happened to that extreme once.

Recently, my friends sister and her boyfriend were killed in a very bad car crash and I've seen two really bad accidents on the road and those things scared the crap out of me too. Cos I'm thinking, her sister and the boyfriend, how are they any different to me and my boyfriend? They probably got into the car the same way we do, drove down the same street we would, had the same conversations and hopes and plans and if it can happen to them ...

That's just of late though ... usually I'm more worried about people I know dying, but I think that's just the human thought process of "it won't happen to me"
    It sounds like you are holding onto a lot. That's why it's so difficult for you to face death. I hope you get something from my post MiSSleepy.

And unfortunately, I am expecting all kinds of rude, immature comments, so don't disappoint me this time, loveforum. Fire away!
    Last edited by anachronistic; 13-07-08 at 09:13 AM.

I do feel like I'm holding onto alot ... but also there's a lot I feel I need to do, as cliche as that sounds. At the moment it feels like I'm a standstill, just waiting ...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I do feel like I'm holding onto alot ... but also there's a lot I feel I need to do, as cliche as that sounds. At the moment it feels like I'm a standstill, just waiting ...
    I know exactly what you're talking about

Check out some of my posts in the isolation thread. I think they may help you discover something about yourself.

I did post something in the Idol thread in the off topic section. It seems as though everyone ignored it... anyway, the meaning behind that post, is to help others become self-inspired. If you are inspired by the people around you, logic says you will only be as good as them. If you are self-inspired, and you reference to others' works, you will approach your 'problems' in your own way.

There's a saying... "The journey is what brings us happiness - not the destination" In this, one should do to enjoy, not to do and accomplish. Enjoy what you do, Missy

By the way, I've posted it before, because I thought it was a good book and movie; The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. They label it as 'self-help' but it is really a great book, with a wonderful story, and I wouldn't call it a self help book. But you do learn a lot from it, and I recommend it to you.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol, LW, you've been listening to Ajahn Brahm again.

BTW, you are wrong about animals not being able to make predictions. There's a beautiful study on (monkeys, I think?) where starving animals were given a choice between taking food or not if it meant a companion gets a nasty shock. Very significantly, these animals did NOT choose to take the food, even tho very hungry.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Lol, LW, you've been listening to Ajahn Brahm again.

BTW, you are wrong about animals not being able to make predictions. There's a beautiful study on (monkeys, I think?) where starving animals were given a choice between taking food or not if it meant a companion gets a nasty shock. Very significantly, these animals did NOT choose to take the food, even tho very hungry.
    The only sound clip of 'Ajahn Brahms' I have ever even listened to is the one you shared with me. Honest to god. I'd say Eminem has more of an influence on me than that guy does, and I don't even listen to his music!

My posts sure must concur with his stuff, since you're assuming this?

Could I have links to these studies, if you have them? Maybe books I could read? I am very interested in that type of science, and I would enjoy nothing more than to spend time reading it.

By the by, I did not mean to make any scientific claims in my post. Just using metaphors to explain how I get by. But I do enjoy your scientific and religious debates

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only sound clip of 'Ajahn Brahms' I have ever even listened to is the one you shared with me. Honest to god. I'd say Eminem has more of an influence on me than that guy does, and I don't even listen to his music!

My posts sure must concur with his stuff, since you're assuming this?

Could I have links to these studies, if you have them?
    Its pretty standard buddhist philosophy, the whole detachment thing. I was into for a while when I was younger, but listen to enough talks & you start to realize that their 'answer' isn't really an answer any better than what else is out there. There are many paths.

[url]http://www.bswa.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=4[/url]

There are other speakers, but his are the most amusing, IMO. I've met him, BTW & while he is pretty benign, his groupies are a scary lot. Anyway, the index is searchable by topic & also alphabetical. The newer ones are better audio quality. Enjoy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Ahh, now I see why you're referencing him. That whole detachment thing... I was into that for a while, too. Just like you... in fact, only within the last few days have I come up with this philosophy... where you live for the moment. Still not completely thought all the way through, actually.

I was not referencing that buddhist philosophy in my posts, though.

And groupies? I had no idea that Buddhists were some kind of rockstar. You know I am only kidding with that, but if you were curious, I do not believe in any congregational religion. My philosophy is that people should get out there and find religious answers for themselves. You can follow any religion, but you will always question things. Maybe I will make a thread dedicated just to taht topic huh?

And world views form. They shouldn't remain the same. Just like people change, so should their views otherwise, what are they learning?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    only within the last few days have I come up with this philosophy... where you live for the moment. Still not completely thought all the way through, actually.

I was not referencing that buddhist philosophy in my posts, though.
    Its called 'present time' or present moment. Its the core of all meditation, LW. Releasing attachment = present moment awareness.

Which is not the same as nihilism, btw.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And groupies? I had no idea that Buddhists were some kind of rockstar. You know I am only kidding with that, but if you were curious, I do not believe in any congregational religion.
    Yes, I too find it distasteful (the Monk-as-rock-star thing), letting go of ego indeed, lol.

Which is why, despite the fact that some of buddhist philosophy comes closet to how I live my life, it still gets that "Discard as Religion" stamp from me. Those ppl are being herded as well as any Catholic/Islamic/<insert religion here> sheep I've seen.

Mbe instead of a school, I should be starting a religion.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Man, my being of loveforum needs to be flushed away for a while... I've practically spent the whole afternoon on here. Time to get work done!

You and your silly 'white knight syndrome' I am referring to your feeling the need to make a school and religion.

Don't worry about the religion part, Indi. I've got a set of philosophies that I just might publish, which do not have such problems. All I need to do is organize them.

Great minds think alike, right? Cheers. Something does need to happen with education. It's all about money nowadays. So it seems. I had an interesting conversation with my step father. I will PM you about that, though

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Holy cow, I feel like I am being herded here, lol. My school idea was just that... an idea...

I'm gonna retire in 10 years. No way I'll be running a school unless its a floating one on my sailboat, kids. Feel free to run with the idea if it appeals.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Am I overwhelming you with my tidbits of knowledge, love?

I believe that death is the end of it, no reincarnation or after-life or spirits or such, once your mind and body calls it quits you're finished and there's nothing left of you but the corpse.

I don't really think about it, nor worry, I just make sure that I sort out the unnecessary risks since I'd hate to die young, still got a lot ahead of me.

Occasionally it can be a good motivator to take some risks (not life-threatening, but life-changing) since you only live once and should make the best of it. Probably part of my fear of being stuck in a crappy city with a dead-end job and all-in-all living a dead-end life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast