+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you feel when you think about...

What do you feel when you think about...

I have noticed lately some postings in a number of threads talking about Death... What are your feelings and beliefs towards death?

Does it just scare you then you try to forget about it or avoid thinking of it?

Does it make you work more and get more of life?

About myself, I try to avoid it. I do not attend funerals. But when I think of it unconsciously, I wish I have more time to do good things. I also hope if there cd be anyone who has been there and came back to tell us his expereince with death.

I also think of imaginary fictitious ideas such as using Artificial Intelligence, machines and MPs to pentrate one's brain to know what he feels while dying and convey for us what is it like..

Strangely, when I was married, I always said.... ((oh Goodnes... how foolish I was!, I am saying that to myself now))..... I always preferred to resort to the feeling that my ex will protect me against it . Now, I became more mature to depend on myself only even when facing the idea of death.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The fact that people are mortals and die makes life all the sweeter and more interesting. To me, the worst thought of death by FAR is the thought of my parents, sisters or dog dying. I've personally almost died twice, once was right after I was born and another time I almost drowned in my aunts pool when I was 4, which I still remember well. My big sister and uncle saved me

All my grandparents are still alive, but the youngest of them just turned 82. My oldest will be 91 in February. It will be very sad when they die, but at that age, everyone in my family knows they lived long and fulfilling lives that couldn't have been any better. And all good things come to an end. Death just caps off a long streak of good times, and to me their deaths should be a time to also celebrate the good lives they lived

When younger people die... Well, that sucks

Wise words DM, it is logic to expect the death of old people. I only felt bad to hear about ur pool experience..you were too young (only 4) but you can still remember it well... How amazing is the human mind!.
    Do it keep good memories the same as the bad ones?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I remember stuff from when I was 4 (and maybe 3) easily. I only know I was 3 or 4 because the memories were from my old house, and I moved to the new one when I was 4 and a half

I almost drowned when I slipped through a tube when I was in my aunts pool (I couldn't swim). It was just me and my sister in the pool at the time. I remember being at the edge of the pool and trying to climb the wall but it was smooth and I couldn't, I was looking up at the light coming through from the top of the water and trying to climb but couldn't. Apparently my sister asked "Where's Michael?" and my uncle dove in the pool with his clothes and everything and got me out before I drowned It never turned me off from water though

i just try to be happy, and positive, and strong. i don't listen to anything that sounds like bad predictions. "you'll never make it," "you'll have it forever," "you'll never recover," etc. don't ever listen to those things.

and to tell people how i feel about them and make the most of my days.

we're only immortal for a limited time.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYkUre8FWIQ"]YouTube - Rush - Dreamline - Live 1994[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Excellent, you learnt afterwards how to swim without drowning. Good for you..
    It happened for me once when I was a little girl but it was in the sea. Someone near me took my hand and pulled me out. I cant remember my age but may be I was 7 or 8. In my late twenties, I started to go to swimming pool at my Uni in the UK and started to swim. I am OK at the pool but in the sea, noway.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    basically, it's inevitable.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Misombra: I can't hide the fact that I have fragile feelings. Hearing the death of someone, even if it was a death/killing in the TV/Radio news of someone I do not know or ever heard of , I just feel bad. It might also spoil my day and I try to forget it else it will haunt me for sometime. It is the same like seeing a car crash, although there may be no blood or injured pple around but I cant forget it for a while... oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    basically, it's inevitable.

raverboy
    True Indeed... People might think good health prevents death... but as you said it is a destiny and no one can stop it...
    Did anyone of you have a serious car accident that left him thinking he was about to die?

clearskies, i heard a rumor that, based on history, that this thread could face the wrath of death...

is it true?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

First time to hear about it... is it like a Candy man curse for example?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nothing will prevent death.. you are just putting it off with good health.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

All people should die. And I am going to make this happen. **** yeah.
    Don't expect anything.

anachronistic Guest
    Death is like a goodbye; it's the end of something, but maybe not the end of everything. Plus, you shouldn't be thinking about the goodbye. You should be thinking about the conversation.

What conversation? cd u please explain more? Did you mean conversion state from life to death?
    Last edited by Aegis; 13-07-08 at 05:58 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast