+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this now...

I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this now...

Little bit of a long story here... So, there's this girl that I've been, well, in love with for many many years (we're 19), although, we haven't actually got together, mostly because I haven't quite made my feelings known just yet. But, that could change in the near future, heh heh. Eh, but that's not the point.

Anyway, I know it's incredibly stupid to be thinking about this now, but it just popped in my head with a recent headline I saw not too long ago on AOL. See, I'm kind of concerned about this girl because I've learned that, from time to time (maybe once a month, or once every couple of months? I don't know exactly), she uses those tanning booth things. I don't know that she uses them during the summer, though; she may do it the old fashioned way in the summer.

So, I dunno, it just kinda got me thinking, and now I'm kind of wondering, how likely is it that she'll develop skin cancer or some other horrible disease? Is it pretty much a guarantee? How long does it usually take for something like that to develop? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily thinking about that in terms of me and her; whether her and I "end up together" I can't predict, but either way, it's a bit upsetting to think that she could end up with some horrible illness, or even send herself to an early grave. :/

They're harmful, yes, but so are cigarettes and drugs. Used in moderation, I don't think you should be all that worried. You want to date this girl at the moment, not get married and have kids, right? If you do end up with her for the long term, you can always have a talk to her about it.

Heh, well, I definitely wouldn't mind having a future with her, I just don't want to plan that far ahead when we haven't even started dating yet.

Well then same goes for a possible risk of skin cancer

You're too young to be worrying about something like this. It's pretty unlikely you'll get married. People do stupider stuff, but it's not the best thing. How long it takes to develop cancer really depends on the person and the amount it's used. There's no guarantees she will or won't get cancer from it.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
    Heh, well, I definitely wouldn't mind having a future with her, I just don't want to plan that far ahead when we haven't even started dating yet.
    Nice to see a teenager with this kind of attitude instead of the "NO we will be together FOREVER!!! I KNOW THIS!"