+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Management

well, im quite bad in time management as well butttt.. this kinda works for me:

1. cramming
    2. no, dont do number 1. xD make a list/sched, and stick to it.
    3. set your priorities
    4. multitask?
    5. spend time wisely, esp your free time.
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

Kalupe: about my free time, i spend it badly .. either remembering painful things from the past or thinking in the big load i have to do before moving to a new country in another continent i have never been to before.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a very simple time management system. Anyone who demands a large chunk of my time is summarily kicked out of my life.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

that is harsh Gribble, what if it was ur baby?

By the way, how to encourage urself to do a not vey much amusing / appealing job?

^ Break it down into more manageable parts.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I think there a main list then a sub one for each item..for example, I need to generate a report; this means i need materials, books and resources such as a printer & white papers. My printer was working but nto perfectly so it means i need to have it fixed first before i start thinking of that report.. is that right? or is there a more manageable way to do such a task?

Wrong, worry about that after the report is done. Break the report into manageable parts. For example:

Introduction
    Contents
    Argument
    Conclusion
    Bibliography

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

We have some sort of subconcious defensive system, if we find something overwelming, we put it off until a later date, until the point where you have no time then find yourself under pressure to get things done. Hello procrastination. This normally because we view tasks in their entirety. Now, if you viewed the report in parts, it's be easier to digest and not so much of a chore, as orignally percieved. For example, monday, find research for the report. Get it done. Next day, start the main body. Continue next day. After that, conclude and leave the rest for the next day. You'll find though, once you start getting into something you'll find you may do more than intended, which is great.

Hope that helped.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Tedel Guest
    Well, Clearskies...

1. make a list with everything you need to do
    2. whenever possible, take ONE thing out of this list and do it.
    3. (very important) forget the rest of the list while you are doing it.
    4. finish it.
    5. rest a little, or praise yourself for being able to completing that item of your list.
    6. pick another one and repeat

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12