+ Follow This Topic
Page 153 of 405 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I think it's not obligatory in europe, you can choose if you want or not. I had chicken pox when i was 11 i think
    It's not obligatory here, either. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to have it. Even if you don't mind dealing with chicken pox (and some scarring), I would get it just to protect myself against shingles. It's so incredibly painful, and impossible to manage the pain, and it can carry on for so long.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I found it funny I got it from my friend who broke her arm and then got chicken pox Imagine - the torture of not being able to scratch your arm cause it's covered with gypsum
    I wazzzz here

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    They don't vaccinate for that in England?
    nope, never offered it.

I broke my nose today, as if things could get any fcuking worse. I swear someone is trying to tell me something
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sigh. Camera trap. $45 ticket. What bullshit. I swear, I feel so tempted to put on a hood spraypaint over the lenses of all those infernal contraptions.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My boyfriend leaving to Marseille for few days... But then again, I have time and opportunity to book the trip to Barcelona I'm also thinking about buying him a second Guitar Hero guitar... hmmm
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Sigh. Camera trap. $45 ticket. What bullshit. I swear, I feel so tempted to put on a hood spraypaint over the lenses of all those infernal contraptions.
    Since I have overseen the installation of these devices I'll tell you that if they are at an intersection with a free right turn that they cannot detect in the right lane. If it did it would be taking pictures of ppeople making right turns, which is obviously legal. At some intersections you can even see the wire loops in the road. It will look like someone cut into the road and sealed the cut with a sealant (which is exactly what they did). If you suspected that the yellow phase of the light was shorter than usual you may want to time it before going to court and find out what the normal yellow phase is in your city/state for a road with that speed limit (the speed limit of the road you got the ticket on). I had a problem with the police department telling our technicians to shorten the yellow phase where newly installed cameras were to boost the amount of ticket given. I had them changed back. I hate those things, especially since they are supposed to be about safety. They're all about money. The local police dept usually gets a cut of the ticket profits, the rest goes to the installer of the camera (some installers are private companies).
    Last edited by Incognito; 14-05-10 at 09:17 PM.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sehvral View Post
    hehe, I had one of those days last year.

One of the owners calls me on a Saturday to come in and fix a server. Now, I'm 200 miles away on a short vacation with my GF, the server was a ****up that he tried to set up himself without involving me (the sysadmin), and it had to be ready to pitch to a prospective client on Monday. So I drive back to the office, intending to fix the issue and return to my GF that evening.

I get there a few hours later, and he rips into me for taking so long (hello???? I was 200 ****ing miles away). After 5 minutes of screaming, I told him he should have involved me a month before when they started the setup process, his setup was so messed up I would have to rebuild everything from scratch, and I was not about to cut my vacation short to take his abuse, so he could fix his own mistakes. Turned around and walked out.

Needless to say, it wasn't fixed, the pitch was a cluster**** and they lost to another competitor. He tried to have me fired, but the other owners refused to comply after the entire project team explained what really went down (he tried to pin the whole failure on me). Ever since, he hasn't even spoken to me, which I consider a plus =)

Meanwhile, my boss has decided to shift me to another client. My drive time has doubled, I'm working an extra 10 hours a week, and he's billing the client for 47% more than before for my services. My request for a raise was denied. So I'm using company time to polish up my resume and put together a shortlist of industry contacts to reconnect with.
    I did the same sort of work when I was overseas. The good thing is it will make every other job you have for the rest of your life seem great by comparison.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    F-ck, quoted the wrong f-cking post!!
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    F-ck, quoted the wrong f-cking post!!
    Having a little difficulty this morning?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Funeral yesterday, and if that wasn't bad enough, my mother came for a quick visit overnight. She likes to give unsolicited marital advise, despite her having been married FOUR times. (rolling eyes)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^^^ Hahaha, I hate when people do that. I'd have said "so......how'd that work out for you mom?"

Came into work today to find out that one of my biggest clients put a hold on us doing any garnishments until further notice. **** my ass. I rely on that money every month. Its Friday and finally sunny and I come into work to that??? This just confirms that when I move to my bf's house this job won't work out anymore.

And I found out a close couple friend of ours is getting engaged this weekend. I'm happy for them but not looking forward to yet another wedding expense. I have a feeling Jennifer will ask me to be a bridesmaid.

Its bad when you can feel your blood pressure sky rocket and just stay there.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    **** weddings.

I just had a conversation last night with some friends about how ridiculous weddings are, especially for people you haven't seen in a decade.

I know. And this will be their second wedding each of them. For the sake of friends and family just do something low key and not rape us all financially. I would take no offense in not being asked to be in the wedding party.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I've never been to anyone's second marriage before, but I wouldn't buy anything expensive (if anything at all). If they've already been through this then they should already have most of the things that you buy newlyweds. Give them a card and wish them good luck.
    Last edited by Incognito; 14-05-10 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Spelling error