+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does it mean when he winks at you?

what does it mean when he winks at you?

at work, a lot of people pass by my window. most of them don't even look up, but if they do, they might glance at me and then look back down. but this one guy has really caught my attention. he passes by my window practically every day smiling, and holding strong eye contact the entire time. even if he has to turn his head around he keeps looking until i get out of his view. i've been looking and smiling back, thinking he was cute and a little weird at the same time.

but then he winked at me. he's done it twice now. and now i get nervous and i can't look at him that long and i forget to smile. what should i do? this has been going on for a few weeks now and if he likes me at all shouldn't he have come to talk to me by now? do you think he's just being friendly? and why did he wink? i'm kind of freaking out. he's probably about 18, if it makes a difference. help me!

It's really not that big of a deal. He probably has a little thing for you, but since you two have apparently never talked, that's probably all it is.

He probably finds you attractive/likes you or is trying to work you up. If there's no reason for the latter, than it's pretty obvious he's trying to get your attention. Start talking to him.

A wink can mean nothing or everything. Unless he makes some other move, I wouldn't pin my hopes on it. I'd put more meaning on the strong eye contact, personally.

I agree with shh!. The wink is so confusing to me. I've asked friends what they think it means and they give funny answers. I've had women and men both married and single wink at me. I am so clueless. Maybe they are trying to brighten my day? I wouldn't use the wink alone as any indication on whether someone is interested.

He obviously is attracted to you. It doesn't mean to much else, the only other meaning a wink has is approval of something, success, and joke....though none of those make sense in your situation other that attraction.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 17-07-08 at 02:09 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

wd not it be more appropriate if u have started a new thread with ur prb?

bmarquis : I think some peopel try to appear just nice and friendly with others . This means they have good communication skills nothing more than that, he may smile, say Hi, wink..etc. It tells nothing more than he is a friendly gentleman.

I think he's trying to be playful. If I was in that situation, I'll just be playful back. Smile and pucker up to him.