+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Car

The Intrepid doesn't actually look bad, especially not compared to modern budget cars. A black one always remind me of the one the FBI would be imagined to use Black smooth sedans.

Just acting as a chauffeur for the rest of the family when I visit them every 6 months or so. Wont be looking for one for myself for many years to come, waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I used to enjoy driving fast and aggressively.

Gas prices have destroyed my spirit.

I'm one the most boring drivers on the road, now.
    Yea yea, we all know the prices on gas suck ass. Everyone is feeling the squeeze I think. Not like I drive it like a jack ass all day on public streets either man.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    You've been through 3/4 crashes? In how long a period?

When you buy cars you rarely get a history of the car. There is no crash meter on the car, and it usually doesn't matter that much.
    4 from the right side... cars banged into my right door on 4 occasions ... one of these was a bus! that was during the last three years or less for the car that i bought from new in Sep05.

Gas prices make me glad I don't own a car. On the other hand, here are what my commutes look like...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S4TkWvNYJ0"]YouTube - Brooklyn Subway Fight![/ame]

I used to enjoy driving fast and aggressively.

Gas prices have destroyed my spirit.

I'm one the most boring drivers on the road, now.
    It's sooo hard to drive slow!!!

But I'm doing it.

I love cars, but like I mentioned they're a terrible investment. Right now the majority of my money is going into investments or the bank. I want to start saving early on for a down payment for after college.

As much of a car enthusiast as I am:

House > Car

Once I am settled and have a home, financially stable, and money to spare. I'm definitely going to buy myself or build myself a fun car.

I want to build one of these:
    [url]http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-1967-Volvo-Amazon-600-hp.htm[/url]

My parents told me once I graduate engineering college, they'll buy me an old one and help me restore it. And of course it's going to be fast.

Wagons are badass.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 19-07-08 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    And of course it's going to be fast.
    Probably just straight. Don't know why Americans base fast on going straight only.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Probably just straight. Don't know why Americans base fast on going straight only.
    That's not an american car...and it won't be just fast. It's going to handle and brake like a dream as well.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Because Americans had so many long, straight open roads.

Japan is tiny, so they have to keep driving in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    Insurance will be about $1200 a year, so overall it's a pretty good deal.
    Whoa, is that fully comprehensive...will that pay for my accident, medical, car rental, groceries, utilties, rent, hotel stay? What is that in USD?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    My automobile Takes corners like a mudafaka.
    I agree. If it can't handle corners then I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    When you buy cars you rarely get a history of the car. There is no crash meter on the car, and it usually doesn't matter that much.
    It matters a lot to me and in the US, you can usually get some type of accident history...especially if it has been reported to insurance companies. I always try to look that up before buying. The automotive industry can be quite sneaky.

anachronistic Guest
    I plan to keep my cock-blocking 1990 volvo 240dl wagon as long as I can. It gets decent mileage, parts are cheap, I've fixed pretty much everything that needed fixing. It's been good to me. Plus there's plenty of space in the back to put stuff, like my bike.

I don't give a damn what people think about my car. It works, it gets me from point a to point b. If a girl doesn't want to date me because of it, good, she's probably a materialistic bitch anyways. So it's kind of like a bitch/materialistic-type filter.

Plus cars are the worst investments ever, the moment you drive them off the lot the value depreciates significantly! Plus no matter how much money you put into them, you never get as much back.

As for me, it's all about bicycles.
    I'm kind of with you... but a Volvo? **** that shit.

I like vehicles... but not fancy looking expensive ones.

My perfect car would be compact, durable (not made of ****ing plastic), light on resources, manual transmission, floor mounted steering wheel (preferably a pilot wheel)

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I'm kind of with you... but a Volvo? **** that shit.

I like vehicles... but not fancy looking expensive ones.

My perfect car would be compact, durable (not made of ****ing plastic), light on resources, manual transmission, floor mounted steering wheel (preferably a pilot wheel)
    Sure it's nothing fancy and ugly as sin. But it works, gets decent mileage and has plenty of space to haul stuff around.

And don't tell me it sucks because it's slow, it's faster than my friends civic. Yes...I won. And plenty of people drive civics. So there's nothing wrong with it besides looks. Cars are shitty investments, and the way the economy and the value of the dollar is going right now, it's the last thing people should be looking to buy new.

In just one year you can lose 5 grand on a car. You wanna know what's more attractive to a women than a car? A home. With a home, depending on how the market is going you'll almost always make money. Because there will always be someone looking to buy one. When we bought our home 10 years ago, we paid half the price for what it is now worth. So we made a huge profit off of this home if we intend to sell it. I'm looking 5-10 years ahead of me and dealing with the ugly car is well worth it to save and buy a home/condo as soon as I can.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 20-07-08 at 01:54 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    Sure it's nothing fancy and ugly as sin. But it works, gets decent mileage and has plenty of space to haul stuff around.

And don't tell me it sucks because it's slow, it's faster than my friends civic. Yes...I won. And plenty of people drive civics. So there's nothing wrong with it besides looks. Cars are shitty investments, and the way the economy and the value of the dollar is going right now, it's the last thing people should be looking to buy new.

In just one year you can lose 5 grand on a car. You wanna know what's more attractive to a women than a car? A home. With a home, depending on how the market is going you'll almost always make money. Because there will always be someone looking to buy one. When we bought our home 10 years ago, we paid half the price for what it is now worth. So we made a huge profit off of this home if we intend to sell it. I'm looking 5-10 years ahead of me and dealing with the ugly car is well worth it to save and buy a home/condo as soon as I can.
    You know what? What is attractive to a woman does not matter to me. Cars... apartments... jackasses... give it to them, but keep them away from me. Of course those things shine light on security, and you should definitely stand for that, but if a woman is going to go out with a guy just because his car has balls, or he lives in a palace, or will allow a man to buy his way into her heart, I don't want that. It really shows what they're into investing, doesn't it?

That's where I agree with you.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 20-07-08 at 04:55 PM.

Because Americans had so many long, straight open roads.

Japan is tiny, so they have to keep driving in circles.
    That is funny, how absolutely wrong this statement is. Erhm..who drives in circles? Nascar maybe? Only cities are built in girds, Wisconsin for example has some pimp ass curvy roads. Germany puts a lot of effort in handling on the car too and they have even better straight roads. I'm not concerned with driving like a douche on the public streets anyway.

It's going to handle and brake like a dream as well.
    Nice. I think "fast" is based on all characteristics of a sports car. ...and no shit it does say volvo on it lol.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 21-07-08 at 12:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12