+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Car

First Car

I'll be getting a '98 Black Chrysler Intrepid for $3000 ( Semi-Auto with 189km ) in pretty good condition from one of my parents friends, and I'll finally be able to use it whenever I want.
    Insurance will be about $1200 a year, so overall it's a pretty good deal.

P.S. Once it's at our driveway, I'll take some pictures and upload them here.

Interior
    Last edited by Kromat; 18-07-08 at 05:59 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still my first car...

1987 Honda Accord.
    Last edited by Junket; 18-07-08 at 06:08 AM.

Low mileage might not be the only indicator... for example, my car is 3 years old with 13 Kmiles and i have been through three/four crashes .. what about the history of the car? can u get that?

Congrats and all but why the hell would anyone want to see pictures of a 98 Intrepid lol.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Congratulations, Kromat! It is very exciting to get your first car! I want to see pictures.

They'll come, I know it's a '98, but it's a start.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    Low mileage might not be the only indicator... for example, my car is 3 years old with 13 Kmiles and i have been through three/four crashes .. what about the history of the car? can u get that?
    You've been through 3/4 crashes? In how long a period?

When you buy cars you rarely get a history of the car. There is no crash meter on the car, and it usually doesn't matter that much.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can get a crash history and it can matter quite a bit.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Actually, yes, Gribble A family member bought a car recently that drifts to the left slightly. We just thought it needed realigning. Turns out the whole axle twisted. Theory: it's been in a crash. That also explains the very shiny, new-looking paintjob!

I plan to keep my cock-blocking 1990 volvo 240dl wagon as long as I can. It gets decent mileage, parts are cheap, I've fixed pretty much everything that needed fixing. It's been good to me. Plus there's plenty of space in the back to put stuff, like my bike.

I don't give a damn what people think about my car. It works, it gets me from point a to point b. If a girl doesn't want to date me because of it, good, she's probably a materialistic bitch anyways. So it's kind of like a bitch/materialistic-type filter.

Plus cars are the worst investments ever, the moment you drive them off the lot the value depreciates significantly! Plus no matter how much money you put into them, you never get as much back.

As for me, it's all about bicycles.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm with you, Joe. Give me a car that gets me from point A to point B. And if it turns off the ladies, great. Those aren't the kind of women I want to waste time with. Course I drive a timeless jeep, so I can afford to say that.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Unless you enjoy cars. I couldn't give two shits about anything as long as my car is fast in all categories. I track my car all the time and am getting better as a driver. I like cars and it is one of my hobbies as for some video games are or anything else for that matter. If someone doesn't care about their car than that is fine but I do care about mine and since when does having a nice car means you want to impress the girls? than again there are those idiot BMW and Mercedes owners that buy it for that. I like Top Gear and I like cars.

My automobile Takes corners like a mudafaka.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-07-08 at 04:53 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's nothing wrong with liking cars. I didn't mean to imply that. But do you seriously think the majority of men who have cool cars don't have them for the express purpose of making up for their lack of personality?

Top Gear, that British show? Now that show I love. Did you ever see the episode where they tried everything under the sun to total an old Ford pickup but the damn thing kept running?
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    There's nothing wrong with liking cars. I didn't mean to imply that. But do you seriously think the majority of men who have cool cars don't have them for the express purpose of making up for their lack of personality?

Top Gear, that British show? Now that show I love. Did you ever see the episode where they tried everything under the sun to total an old Ford pickup but the damn thing kept running?
    Haha that episode was great. I am sure some men buy their cars just for some status quo as they call it. I couldn't care less. I modify my car with things to make it more fun for me and no one can see these mods. I think you can tell the enthusiasts from the shows offs maybe. I don't know. I never even had it cross my mind to impress people with my car, the first thing I think always is about taking it on open windy roads and having a blast. I would rally my car too but I don't want to ruin(at least yet lol) a new car. I like the episode of top gear where they drive through the hick neighborhoods in the USA and they paint shit on their cars just to piss of the locals..things like "NASCAR sucks" ...lol...also where Jeremy gets the boat car..and it sinks haha.

Also to mention, cars are an expensive hobby..I know this. I can barely average 24mpg in my car and it cost me 37 grand with tires that cost $330 a pop...but its what I wanted to do. I ended up spending another 2k so far on extras for the car anyways.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-07-08 at 05:20 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to enjoy driving fast and aggressively.

Gas prices have destroyed my spirit.

I'm one the most boring drivers on the road, now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast