+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i met my boyfriend cause his sister lived with me. he wanted to move out of his house so he moved in a year later and we've been together for two years. we're madly in love.

that's him!
    What? That's not a picture of me!

But anyways, we talked on myspace a bit, went to the same high school, then things went from there...that is all.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    His name was Bubba. I dropped a bar of soap in the shower. The rest is history

I met her online, while I was streaming "Carmen goes to college 2", love at first sight.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I met her online, while I was streaming "Carmen goes to college 2", love at first sight.
    What a beautiful story...and a college girl, too. So I bet you love her for her mind?

The pysch professor (student teacher) was over ten minutes late for class and it's a rule that we can leave without penalty if they are over ten (or was it twenty minutes) late. He left first. I didn't want to leave but finally did after a few more minutes. My dormitory was within two blocks of class so I walked home. He drove up to me within a block of my dorm. My only love for almost 8 years I need to stop.

How romantic that was? I guess you will never forget such a thing all your life.

anachronistic Guest
    When I was in first grade, I told my kindergarten brother that I had a crush on the tallest girl in the class. So the next day we were playing tag, and my brother came over screaming "Look at him chasing his secret love!" Boy was I embarrassed, and that made me seem like even more of a weirdo.

2nd grade I developed a crush for the new girl. I liked her all the way up until 6th grade. I tried reaching out to the undying love by making a drawing that combined halloweenish ideas which subtly pointed out that I wanted to go out with her. I purposely earned a detention so that I could put it on her desk without anyone seeing. I'll never forget the next day... I was sitting in my desk when she arrived with her little clique, and she found it on her desk and the whole class started making fun of me until the teacher began the lesson. The rest of the school year I was ragged for that. I didn't like her after that day. She really proved to me that she wasn't the nicest girl in the world, like I thought she was.

When I was a freshman in high school, the first dance of the school year, I met a girl.... surprisingly. I dressed up unintentionally looking like a dork, combing my hair straight up in the front, thinking that was cool. I was pretty shy back then, but somehow I summoned up the courage to walk up to every girl at that dance which I thought was attractive. I could tell that I looked like a dork. The first thing the girls would look at was my ridiculous hair. I did finally meet a nice girl at the dance. We even ended up kissing during the last dance. I took her out for a date, put my hand high up on her leg, and I guess she didn't like that. I lied to her and said that I had 10 girlfriends before, and I never really had any before that. So she expected me to be able to read her body language. After that date she was intimidated by me, she ignored all my phone calls after that date, and blocked me on aim. I learned a LOT from that little date.

I almost forgot about the dumb girl I dated over the summer! I really liked her at first, until we went to the park and she stuck her hand in my pants. She was really slutty that way, and I wasn't interested in that. Not only that, but she was interested in my brother, not me. She was using me to get to my brother, who never even liked her in the first place. I broke it off, and she realized that she was being an idiot. She continued to make new AIM usernames just to get past my blocking her. She did that for about 2 years, but I am very pig-headed, and I continued ignoring her, even after I moved states away.

Okay, there were a few girls between all that garbage... girls that were a lot better that I should have dated instead. I had no idea they liked me though! There was Rachel, Rabecca, Charissa, and a few others that don't come to mind. I would have never known, but they eventually admitted it, after I moved away. I am not sure if they like me that way anymore, but they are the best friends I could ever have.

So I got with a girl after living in South Dakota for a year. I met her sometime around the end of my sophomore year. She was in 8th grade, 2 years younger than me.... very immature, I now realize. She was my first experience for a lot of things.. and that was the longest relationship I had ever been in; 3 years. It was rocky from the start, because she was immature and I had a small tolerance and was somehow a doormat. I really grew to love her though. I became obsessed with her. She was my world. The time I met her I was very suicidal and pessimistic. Towards the end of the relationship though, I did a 180 with the attitude, and I think that's why we weren't working out anymore. I lost my virginity to her, she was very close to me. I really loved her mother, because she was very intelligent and philosophical. I remember they took me camping once, and her mother told me I have an old soul. I was very close to her mother, and she hated that, haha. We loved each other so much that we had to be forced to stop seeing each other. During my senior year in high school we were secretly together until she cheated on me. Then I had to move on. When I look back, I remember that our love was very strong, but very weak in some places, like steel full of impurities. Now we've blocked each other on MSN, but we are friends on Facebook. I know that someday when we are able to be just friends, the block will not exist anymore. I think she added me on facebook because she really cares about what goes on in my life.

And well when I went to college, during my freshman year, I dated a college slut for about 2 weeks. I didn't gain anything out of that except a ****load of insecurites and I really learned how to work it in bed.

I haven't dated anyone since. I'm a sophomore in college. I went through a period where I didn't want to date anyone at all in the past year. At the end of the school year, I started having interest in other women again, and now I am trying to get back into dating. I went out on a date, but that turned out horrible. I'm just going to try harder this fall.

I haven't met her yet folks

Summer Camp

Well...my boyfriend and I met at summer camp around 3 years ago. I was from Virginia and he was from Pennsylvania. He was a bit of a loner and only hung out with a few people when I met him. I was just curious about him at first but then it turned into a crush about a week into camp. I told my bunk mates about it and they did the whole girlie ecstatic thing...when I actually pointed him out a couple days later they were all shocked and told me they thought he was a counselor. (Luckily he wasn't a counselor). Fortunately one of my long term camp friends happened to know him and introduced me to him. He didn't talk a whole lot which made my confidence drop a few degrees. I was learning magic cards at the time and it turned out he was really good at it so he offered to help teach me. We were like that for a few days where we would play magic cards whenever we had free time. He never really talked much about himself during that. Finally I gathered up the courage to go visit his bunk's table at lunch (My friend was also in that bunk so it wasn't too suspicious). It was at that moment that we started talking about birthdays when he told me his and it happened to be the same as mine! O_o...he's a half an hour older than me! No joke! He thought that I was lying though lol. So we hung out even more after that and I sat at his table during every meal when I was allowed. Then 4th of July rolled around and I was getting uncomfortable because I really liked him a lot but had been turned down by every guy I had liked in my life. The camp was going to launch fireworks that night over the lake and my whole bunk was planning a way to get chairs for everyone before the show started. It was as we were running down there (along with the hundreds of other campers) that I saw my boyfriend (not yet my bf though) walking away from the crowd. Naturally I was curious...and it was a chance to spend time with him. So I followed him and it led to an opening it the bushes that no one else seemed to know about that had an amazing view of the lake and the spot where the fireworks would be launched. He turned around and saw me and explained that he had found it a few years back and that only a few other people knew about it, sure enough a few people showed up with plastic lawn chairs and congregated around the opening. He said he only had one chair with him but that I could sit on his lap since he was tall enough that he would still be taller than me when I sat on him (sadly its true). So I sat on his lap (mind you I was blushing the whole time) and we watched the fireworks...well, he watched the fireworks I was thinking of a way to hold his hand throughout most of the show -__-;. So the grand finale finally came and I said to myself "what the heck!" and put my hand over his. Surprisingly enough, he flipped his hand over so that my palm was resting on his and he closed it around mine. I think that has to be the most relief I've ever felt in my life up till now. After the fireworks we hung out and played magic again until it was time to go back to the bunks. We walked to the place between our bunks and all the sudden I got this giant amount of courage that I swear came out of no where. I turned to him and said. "Guess what! I just learned a secret today!" He laughed at my childish way of saying it and played along by going "What?! What?!" Then I replied with, "No! It's a secret I have to whisper it!" So he laughed again and bent down to my height. At that moment I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. He gasped! He actually gasped so I could hear it! It was so cute! I didn't stick around though...being the chicken I am I quickly let go and ran to my bunk before he could say or do anything. I told my bunk what happened and they proceeded to scream...haha. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well that night. Nothing changed after that, we did everything we used to and I was feeling awkward as hell through it all...until a few days later. We were in a building hanging out with some friends on a couch (kissing is against the rules at this camp btw). Suddenly the counselors all got up and left to talk about something not meant for camper ears. I didn't really pay much attention because it happened often. But then I noticed my bf was staring at the door longer than he needed to. So I teased him and said "Are you sad that the counselors have left you?" He turned around at that and gave me a sort of smirk and replied with "No I just wanted to make sure they were gone long enough to do this." And he proceeded to grab me and start making out with me passionately...I almost fainted. My friends were going crazy of course and we whistling and all that. So we started sneaking kisses on a daily basis and hung out a lot more. When camp was almost over I started getting paranoid about a long distance relationship and decided to break it off. A few months later it was nearing the time for my high school home coming dance. I was talking to my friend from camp when he mentioned he had my bf's screen name and if I wanted it for old times sake? I said sure and we started talking again. I decided to go out on a limb and I invited him to my school dance (which required him to travel to Virginia for weekend from Pennsylvania...it was a long shot). He asked me if I was joking or serious and I said serious. So he ended up coming and he kept his distance during most of it. I think he was scared of doing something I wouldn't like but I was still hoping he would. So at around two in the morning after the dance we were hanging out in the basement watching T.V. and talking about old times. Then it got quiet for a while as we watched something on the T.V. Then all the sudden he turned to me and asked me with an almost scared face, "Can I kiss you?" It was so cute! So we've been together ever since...for about three years...and that's my story that I'm sure nobody found interesting enough to read the whole thing! Haha!

We meet in a basketball court, were both watching and we were introduce by his friend whom that friend was also my friend.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At a party. She was the host's sister and lighting candles so I walked up and offered to help. Then I pretended to bump into her upstairs and gave her a beer, and we sat down on the end of a bed and started talking.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Well I met my g/f on Loveforum (online forum site). I know it sounds crazy... her in Vancouver.. me in Nebraska... but it somehow worked out. She's an amazing person and she is STACKED if you know what I mean.
    Awwww, and I thought Tone meant *me*.

Mind, I make asian girls look absolutely huge, so I was a bit confused by the 'stacked' comment.

(yes, Tone, I knew you meant Blue)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think we were running away from the same dinosaur.... the rest is history.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i met my ex at a funeral home.

my current boyfriend, at college. not so interesting.

anachronistic Guest
    I met her on Loveforum

Me and mines were partners with the same art studio.
    Biggest mistake I made was getting with him before I completely got to know him. Once I got to know I realize how different we really are and we are struggling to stay together.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast