+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Does This Mean

What Does This Mean

I have been having problems with my boyfriend lately. I moved out after living with him for a 1 and a half. I feel that it was a mutual decision. He said that he is ready to settle down and get married and have a family. He already has one child from his first marriage after his first wife had numerous affairs. He said that we had compatability issues and that I was not good with his daughter. He also said that he has emotional barriers to ge thru himself. We both emotionally did not want to do it, but we felt that it was the right thing. He says that our relationship is at a pause. He even cried when I left. Ever since the day that I left, we have been hanging out. After a few days with me moved out, he asked if I wanted to move back in. I was confused, I thought that the whole point of me moving out was for us to work on our issues and see what then the future holds. But for a few days now, he has been treating me differently. He has nothing to do with me and he has not been calling me. I have been with his daughter and feel that I am making progress with her, but not him. I do not know what to do. Are we broken-up? I do not know if this will work, it is draining me mentally and emotionally.

Doesn't sound very good. This shouldn't be something you "should be" doing, it should eb something you're prepared to do. And it doesn't seem like either of you are. I wouldn't be moving back in with him yet without some serious talking and thinking, and time.

Quote Originally Posted by allie021 View Post
    But for a few days now, he has been treating me differently. He has nothing to do with me and he has not been calling me. I have been with his daughter and feel that I am making progress with her, but not him. I do not know what to do. Are we broken-up? I do not know if this will work, it is draining me mentally and emotionally.
    Ask him what's up? It might be a good idea to lay all the issues out on the table and talk about how you two can work together to solve them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well, I think he has some trust issues from his previous relationship and you should wait to move back in until both of you are on the same page.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He doesn't think you are good with his daughter?

If that is what he thinks, you two should not be together. Period. The rest of your time will be spent fighting about child issues.

His change of heart is just his inability to deal with the uncomfortable emotions surrounding his being alone. I wouldn't consider them part of healthy decision-making.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well there is a saying "you never realise what you have until it gone" I think that is the case with him and he justs wants you back. I think he still has negative douts from his frist marrige with time this will pass.

That he is emotionally immature.

yeah i would agree that he is emotionally immature and can't really handle what you are prepared to offer him. I would give him a whole lotta space. Men really and truly only GROW through SOLITUDE and CONFERENCING WITH OTHER MEN. period. He can find solace and comfort in your arms, but it won't make him a better dude.

Peace
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]