+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In love with second cousin, Perth WA help?

In love with second cousin, Perth WA help?

Hi everyone I'm a 17 year old male in love with my 16 (soon to be 17) year old female second cousin. (my father's, brother's, son's daughter) We grew up close for the majority of our lives to be seperated for 5 years only to be reunited again and we fell in love like [I]that[I] we have been intimate and we have secretly been seeing eachother without our parents knowledge for the past 3 months now. She sleeps at my house and vice versa but the parents are not suspicious in the slightest. We are very much in love and our closest friends (4) were informed of our complication/situation (we could not hide something so big for so long without it becoming obvious) and they were okay with it but recommended not announcing it any further.
    We are at the point where we both want to announce it to the world and get it over and done with but obviously are not going to for that would include our parents (eep) I suppose in this thred I am asking that you readers will give me your oppinions as if you were truly in my shoes. Any opinions will be appreciated Thnx

ps; I don't want any comments about incest and being gross and all this stuff, I want a mature answer thank you

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's family. She's going to be with you for life. This is worse than dating a coworker. Don't. You will have a spat. You will get upset. And you will break up. I don't care how much you think you love her. That's reality. And you'll be stuck with each other for the rest of your lives.

It's time for you to grow up and start acting mature.
    Last edited by Gribble; 21-07-08 at 01:15 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

This post makes me feel embarrased being an Aussie

My opinion is you should end this ASAP. Your parents will not approve of this and you won't be able to challenge them. You might as well give up while they don't know about this yet. Make it easier for both you and your cousin (especially since you claim to allegedly love her, give up so you don't put her through the pain of facing her family)
    Last edited by Mish; 21-07-08 at 01:13 PM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

boy loves girl... boy & girl related :/

I posted a thread earlier which didn't manage to capture too much attention but is an issue I could really use third person input on.
    If you have been, thought about or even never considered being in the same situation as I am currently in, please feel free to share your views on the subject, read the earlier thread named 'In love with second cousin Perth, WA help?' which was composed by yours truly a few hours prior to the thread you are reading. I can not tell any close friends or family but am in desperate need of opinion.

Please reply anythings a start,
    Sincerely

anonymousinlove

Any sane person on this forum is going to give you an answer you don't want to hear. Which plenty of people have already done. Stop dating her, end of problem.

And there's no reason to make another thread to advertise your other thread. That's spamming imho.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousinlove View Post
    (my father's, brother's, son's daughter)
    you mean your uncle's son's daughter?? or more so, you're first cousin's daughter? you're full of shit.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

In university, there was a woman who had a child by her cousin. It seemed like everyone in the town she was from knew about it. I've never heard her speak about it. I think it was extremely embarrassing. She was young and foolish and didn't realize how bad it would be until she got a little older. I was never around her but I had friends that would tell about college gossip.

She's blood... BLOOD... related to you. Are you that ****ing desperate?

On another note, how far away should bloodlines be for it to be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    On another note, how far away should bloodlines be for it to be acceptable?
    It would have to be very distant IMHO. And it certainly couldn't be someone that you see on a regular basis because of how close your family is.

There's way too many women in this world for this shit to be happening.

Well it really depends on the society but I thought studies confirmed that 2nd cousins were actually in fact ok and didn't cause any mutations that maybe a 1st cousin might. Now for a first cousin's daughter? That might be ok, enough genetic mixture.

It's not like you are both adults and have much experience in the world yet. Do you really want to screw up your family dynamic for this? After this is all said and done and everything blows apart you'll kick yourself many times and then move to the other side of the earth where your family will not scorn you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yacker View Post
    Well it really depends on the society but I thought studies confirmed that 2nd cousins were actually in fact ok and didn't cause any mutations that maybe a 1st cousin might. Now for a first cousin's daughter? That might be ok, enough genetic mixture.
    It's not about mutation. It's about it being, imo, wrong to mess with someone closely related like that. The child of a first cousin is crossing that line.

We are all blood. originate from the same place. So I don't speak from this point, do what you want, I actually don't find it so bad. Cousin has enough all kinds of blood.
    Its blood omg omg. ****, its not so bad, step away from your gross factor. People have done it, our whole generations are from such marriages. It isn't actually that wrong. Yeah yeah, the talk about disfigured child which I don't believe is so proven (50/50 like with everything else), but it is their decision, thats the risk they probably already know.

So, it is more important to talk about risks they probably don't know:
    Think about what Gribble first said. There will be problems, and then it would be much harder to handle, and everybody will be in your business since its all one big village. I think in the long perspective, you will just grow out from each other, its hormonal stage.
    Last edited by boobaa; 22-07-08 at 04:34 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

And if you're from a small town with their beliefs of right and wrong set in stone you'll probably regret it. If you live in a city with open-minded friends and family, the odds will be better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast