+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I want a dog

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Dental bills for a cat? What the hell? Did he have a cavity or something? *snicker*
    Her canines were sheared off from the impact of the landing. Since those teeth are integral to the jaw of a cat or dog, they needed to be capped or we would have had to put her down (they would have got infected & rotted out). It would be like leaving a compound fracture untreated.

Like I said, the farm solution would have been a shovel to her skull behind the barn but my son was attached to her so we coughed it up. Just trying to emphasize to you that owning a pet is a responsibility & can be expensive.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Personally, I would skip the dog and move out of the boon-docks (sp?).
    Buying a dog is in no way my solution for a safer life in the country. I was simply correcting Aegis for being an idiot.

It's not that easy. I won't be out of this place until I get out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    it's funny everybody thinks they know how to train dogs, yet most dogs are out of control.
    I never said I knew how to train animals. I am pretty confident and I would like to though. What's your problem?

those animals would seriously hurt your dog.

one snake bite to the leg and he/she is done for. a dog (any dog) has little defense against those things.
    One snake bite to any living animal would be life threatening. Like I said, there are dangerous animals out here. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I meant an RPG like a rocket propelled grenade launcher
    Oh don't be silly

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here, LW, by way of being *helpful*, if you are serious about wanting a dog, suggest you get this book from your local library. Its quite practical:

[ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Dog-Training-Dummies-Wendy-Volhard/dp/0764584189"]Amazon.ca: Dog Training For Dummies: Wendy Volhard, Jack Volhard: Books[/ame]

Sorry, wrong link (tho looks useful). This is the book I've seen:
    [ame]http://www.amazon.ca/Dogs-Dummies-Gina-Spadofori/dp/1568848617/ref=pd_sim_b_15[/ame]
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 28-07-08 at 08:53 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I never said I knew how to train animals. I am pretty confident and I would like to though. What's your problem?

One snake bite to any living animal would be life threatening. Like I said, there are dangerous animals out here. That's my point.

omg you're starting to be lilwang again.

i wasn't even talking to you!

and dogs depend on humans to keep them from all those animals you posted. i don't understand why you want a dog to protect you from those things. unless of course you hate dogs.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

lol, I guess I'm a f#@king idiot; I'd completely forgotten about all the millions of deaths out there from the rampaging wildlife. My prayers are with you while you're walking to and from class, and when you drive to the river.

anachronistic Guest
    omg you're starting to be lilwang again.

i wasn't even talking to you!

and dogs depend on humans to keep them from all those animals you posted. i don't understand why you want a dog to protect you from those things. unless of course you hate dogs.
    I am lilwang. Always was, always will be

Not only do dogs depend on humans, but humans depend as dogs. Generally when you get a dog, you become the 'alpha dog' of the 'pack'. You watch out for each other. It's not just you taking care of the dogs. You owe more credit to the canis!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    lol, I guess I'm a f#@king idiot; I'd completely forgotten about all the millions of deaths out there from the rampaging wildlife. My prayers are with you while you're walking to and from class, and when you drive to the river.
    I love you.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Well at least you got ONE thing right.

anachronistic Guest
    I read an article somewhere that playing tug-of-war with your dog is a bad idea, because the possibility of you losing, could make them feel like they are your master... or something like that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345