+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: what can I do to improve

What style of jeans do you guys get? The lady was touchy in the mall with fittings and stuff.... I like the ones that are baggier at the bottom and I don't want it to hug my bottom leg.

Yeah I think I kinda came off strong, I sent her a message on myspace telling her I liked her and I have not heard back and she logged on....

What about wearing stuff like an arm band or something? Do you think maybe something like that, that is inexpensive could make me unique?

Yeah being confident takes practice, I have been trying lately to stand with more poise I normally crouch over.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pooker View Post
    What style of jeans do you guys get? The lady was touchy in the mall with fittings and stuff.... I like the ones that are baggier at the bottom and I don't want it to hug my bottom leg.

Yeah I think I kinda came off strong, I sent her a message on myspace telling her I liked her and I have not heard back and she logged on....

What about wearing stuff like an arm band or something? Do you think maybe something like that, that is inexpensive could make me unique?

Yeah being confident takes practice, I have been trying lately to stand with more poise I normally crouch over.
    I stay away from the jeans with the holes in them. I prefer the kind that have a greenish-yellowish undertone. But I don't usually wear jeans.

As for size, I like them loose, but not baggy.

me and you are alike then, I dont like the holes and I do not think it is appropriate for a man to be wearing such big holes in his jeans. I notice some people have huge ones, atleast 8 inches wide. The ones I tried on were very stiff, they had that new clothes feel but I think I like a more form fitting atire. I worked out hard today also, it was a bummer seeing her logon and not respond so it was more motivation for me to improve myself.

<ranting>

That dumbass green tint...people running around with brand new clothes designed to look like they've been worn & stained from dirty work.

That is some dumb shit. I refuse to buy anything but clean blue colors, and if I want a pair worn, dirty ones, I'll just bring out the ones with the damn Official Real Grease & Oil & Dirt Stained jeans. With holes. Why do people want to look they like crawl around dirty machinery and dusty crap and then wear those clothes?

<end rant>

anachronistic Guest
    Well I do have pants with holes in them, but I wear those when I need to get dirty, haha.

She may still respond, give it time. Don't get all myspace-stalkish either, and check her profile every day - that could develop into a very bad habit for you. At least you learned you may have come on too strong this time so you did get something out of it... probably many more things then you yet realize.

Hey Aegis, honestly I care about my self-image to an extent and I am self-aware of how I look to people. I was just probing ideas because I really care what this girl thinks about me, if she wanted that I would do it. But to answer your question I would have to assume to impress people/feel good about themselves, same reason why others make fun of people, disrupt classrooms/worplace enviroments etc.

edit - also its hard NOT to check her profile, she has like 300 pics with professional photography and she looks so beautiful Its kind of a daily ritual. :putsonfreakcoat:

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    <ranting>

That dumbass green tint...people running around with brand new clothes designed to look like they've been worn & stained from dirty work.

That is some dumb shit. I refuse to buy anything but clean blue colors, and if I want a pair worn, dirty ones, I'll just bring out the ones with the damn Official Real Grease & Oil & Dirt Stained jeans. With holes. Why do people want to look they like crawl around dirty machinery and dusty crap and then wear those clothes?

<end rant>
    Lol, the jeans I buy aren't stained, and they last just as long as any regular pair of jeans. What's wrong with tints?

It just strikes me as asinine that people will buy things that visibly emulate old, dirty shit, and consider it fashionable. Jesus Christ, just go buy any cheap-ass pair of jeans, change some car's oil on a dirty floor, wipe your hands on your $5 pair of jeans, and Voila! You now have fashionable jeans.

That kind of thing makes me want to stab myself in the face. The really tragic thing is, there's probably a lot of people that don't even associate that tint with anything but fashion and make no connection with it and the original inspiration for that tint...namely...the nasty, dirty, worn appearance a pair can get from certain manual labor occupations.
    Last edited by Aegis; 30-07-08 at 11:44 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Not only that, but they pay $100 for a pair of old dirty jeans

I don't think it is what brand you wear so much as it is HOW you wear the clothes. Overpriced jeans don't help if you have no confidence, and regular jeans are fine if you have a healthy self-concept.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    It just strikes me as asinine that people will buy things that visibly emulate old, dirty shit, and consider it fashionable. Jesus Christ, just go buy any cheap-ass pair of jeans, change some car's oil on a dirty floor, wipe your hands on your $5 pair of jeans, and Voila! You now have fashionable jeans.

That kind of thing makes me want to stab myself in the face. The really tragic thing is, there's probably a lot of people that don't even associate that tint with anything but fashion and make no connection with it and the original inspiration for that tint...namely...the nasty, dirty, worn appearance a pair can get from certain manual labor occupations.
    Ugh. I keep seeing people who look like they just sat in a goddamn mud puddle. That's fashion!? I do like faded, jeans though.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I don't think it is what brand you wear so much as it is HOW you wear the clothes. Overpriced jeans don't help if you have no confidence, and regular jeans are fine if you have a healthy self-concept.
    It's all about the bulge.

Here is me in some cosplay, this is what I will be wearing when I meet her. I will have blue hair and a jaw bone type thing on my face he is grimmjow.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

time for pook to relax

uh oh looks like they made the jacket to big for me ! lol

you could probably improve by lowering the toilet bowl lid.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

ApexSeal says:

"And you sound like my mother.

I'm telling him how he's going to be perceived by a girl his age, yes. If he wanted guy-advice, he would've posted in the "Ask a Male Forum". I can tell him to down a couple beers, then run in there shirtless and give'er over a desk like I'd tell any of my other buddies, but that's hardly being productive.

Let's stick to the task at hand shall we?"

ha ha ha, I like this guy!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast