+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how long after you meet someone...

how long after you meet someone...

...that you like can you say or tell that person how you feel about them? i mean the obvious is that you can't say that the first time you meet because it's kinda scary and stalker like, but how long is a good time to admit to someone how you feel? like you're just friends but you want to be more than friends but when can you say so?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

I think you get the feeling from the other person- you just sense it or know...and youre right telling them the right away is kinda scary...even if you feel it dont do it. I mean things could change and sometimes in the beginning it might be something else youre feeling and you get your feelings confused.

I would suggest holding off til ya know how the other feels-and you'll know it in their actions and their words too...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Or you could be like me and wait for the other person to say/bring it up first. That way I'm safe and I protect myself.

I date VERY defensively though. Not recommended for everyone.

Alexi

similar...

I was gonna make a new topic but I saw this one and realized my question is quite similar. Just got out of a good length relationship (10 mths) recently. It was a mutual break and we're still good friends. Anyways, there this other girl (Amanda) that I've been around a lot lately because we're involved in the same activity. One of the reasons I parted with my last g/f is because we were both interested in other ppl and weren't sure if we were the right person for each other in a serious relationship. Amanda, obviously, is the other person I was referring too. Now, she is a flirt with everyone, but all the people I've talked about this to think that she would definitely go for being more than a friend with each other. We are good acquaintances and get along really great, but we don't actually know a whole bunch about each other. I'm pretty much decided that I'm going to ask her to a movie or something next weekend. But I don't know if I should propose it as just friends going out or do I make it a real date? So, like the original topic post, when is the right time to tell her I'm thinking about taking this further?

JFett

take it as far as you can but only as much as you can handle.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."