+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Guys Night Out"

"Guys Night Out"

What does a "guys night out" entail....? and can i still go home with my guy after the guys night out?

Usually it means a lot of alcohol and behavior best not seen by the women they are dating. I doubt you will want to be anywhere near him when he's done, so I'd make other plans for the evening. He's allowed to go out without you.

Posting this question makes me suspect you have trust issues. If that is the case, then you are better off losing this guy. A relationship without trust is never going to work out in the long run, and you will be miserable any time he wants to do something without you.

it means he wants to hit on other girls when you're not around but have the luxury of coming home to you at the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    it means he wants to hit on other girls when you're not around but have the luxury of coming home to you at the end of the night.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome NeoSeminole.

Maybe his single friends will be hitting on girls, but I don't think a guy in a relationship would go around hitting on other girls. This is one of those things that all women worry about and guys have fun poking at their irrational fear. Maybe he's looking at other women when he's out with his friends, but he's not hitting on them. Don't be controlling or insecure and try to play mind-police. He's just out with his friends and maybe they don't want any girls involved. Do you or any other girl you know find watching sports, drinking, and yelling loudly any fun? That's why there's a guy's night out, because girls would get bored and ruin the fun.

I'm the single guy among 3 that will occasionally have a "guys night out." We usually end up just sitting at a bar ordering pitchers of beer & shooting the shit. But it's fun for the engaged guy and the married guy to do exactly as asparagoose mentioned...poke fun at their girls.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know for my bf it usually just means watching a game and having some beers, and talking about man-stuff. They need to do that once in awhile.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yeah it would seem pretty harmless to me unless you seriously think he is out to cheat on you or find something else. In that case you shouldn't be with him anyway.

You're asking this question is if it's unheard of for a guy to have a night out with his mates. What do they do? Depends on the guys... for most it will either involve sport or a pub etc and most definitely beer. For singles and cheating bastards it might involve picking up girls ... but sometimes, guys want to leave the "guys night out" purely for guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome NeoSeminole.

Maybe his single friends will be hitting on girls, but I don't think a guy in a relationship would go around hitting on other girls. This is one of those things that all women worry about and guys have fun poking at their irrational fear. Maybe he's looking at other women when he's out with his friends, but he's not hitting on them. Don't be controlling or insecure and try to play mind-police. He's just out with his friends and maybe they don't want any girls involved. Do you or any other girl you know find watching sports, drinking, and yelling loudly any fun? That's why there's a guy's night out, because girls would get bored and ruin the fun.

all very true....thank you.

all the other posts were helpful as well. no he isnt a cheating bastard so i geuss im all set when he has his guys nights out. but i should be going home with him at the end of the night right? if he doesnt like this idea then something is up...yes?

Do you live together? If you don't, then no - you should go home alone. If you do, he'll come home when he's ready.

Nah, sometimes guys will all head over to one or the other's residence's and stay up drinking, playing darts, shooting the shit, whatever, and then just crash there. Whenever I do the "guys night out" (actually we don't really label it as such...it just ends up being us guys from time to time), I crash at one of my friend's houses 'cause I'm far too drunk to drive, as does, on occasion, the other guy.

If my hypothetical girl demanded to spend the night with me, I'd say, "That's fine as long as you're willing to pick me up, completely shitfaced & reeking of cigarettes, at 5AM, and of course you'll have to give me a ride back to my car when I sober up. I'll see you then." Basically, she, or you, might seem really clingy if you make that kind of demand.

You're starting to sound like what a couple of my friends might call a "fun governor" --a reference to the device on many cars that prevent them from exceeding a certain speed.
    Last edited by Aegis; 31-07-08 at 10:34 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Lol, well certainly if the guy is an idiot.

Guys night out is just time away from you, spent with his friends. Granted in every relationship, both people need these kinds of things. Guys usually go to the bar, have a few drinks, talk about life, maybe hit up the pool table, then go back home. Sometimes we may sit around and just play videogames. It could be anything, as long as it's nothing out of the ordinary, like going to Vegas.

Strip clubs and poker baby lol
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Brose View Post
    Strip clubs and poker baby lol
    It really doesn't help the female impression of a man when other men give stupid ass advice like this.
    I don't chase, I replace.