+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very very tired.

anachronistic Guest

Very very tired.

I don't know what the deal is; I am very tired. I stay up until about 2:30am, and then I set my alarm for 10:30am. That's 8 hours of sleep. But yet when my alarm goes off in the morning, I either unconsciously turn it off or I don't feel like getting up, so I reset the alarm for a few hours ahead.

Without an alarm clock I would probably wake up at about 3pm, still be a little tired, maybe take a half hour nap until about 3:30pm, 4 o'clock.

What could it be? During the schoolyear I didn't feel this tired, but now all of a sudden, it seems like 8 hours isn't enough. During college, 6 hours was enough. Could it be the way I have been eating? In college they basically served us 'healthy' junk. The pizza was never cooked enough, and it had a plethora of cheese... the burgers were humongous. Now I usually eat 2 ham sandwiches, quarter inch thick meat, with some green beans. For supper, I'll have anywhere from roast to fried chicken. By about 11pm, I am hungry again, and I'll eat a whole bag of chips. Like 9 ounces. Sometimes I will instead fry up a few hotdogs or corn dogs... or maybe eat 4 slices of bread (whole wheat) Once I even ate a 1.5lb box of cornmash cereal!

I drink about 7 glasses of water a day... and in addition, I'll sometimes have 2 colas, maybe a beer. Just a healthy dose; either a can or a longneck. Sometimes I drink wine or orange juice.. usually in the morning if I have breakfast.

Or maybe I don't have a reason to get up early anymore; my freelance work is done; I've earned about $4000 for my German trip in just 2 months. Currently unemployed... I usually spend the day sketching, surfing the internet, and working on my own website. People call in the morning and I just don't have the energy to pick up the phone. I haven't gone fishing at all recently since the day is half over by the time I get up.

What's going on with me?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mono?

anachronistic Guest
    Could I have mono? I don't feel sick... just really tired.

Are you depressed? People with depression sleep alot and often don't feel like getting out of bed.

From what I've seen of your posts you don't seem like a depressed guy.

it's probably the alcohol. it's a depressant.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'd say the alcohol and lack of physical activity. You need to spend energy to have it.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Are you depressed? People with depression sleep alot and often don't feel like getting out of bed.

From what I've seen of your posts you don't seem like a depressed guy.
    I have a repressed depression. It sort of sits in the back of my mind and bothers me every now and then. That could be why. I've been questiong the purpose of life, and my personal reason to live, and not being able to come up with that makes me feel sort of empty. My depression feeds off of that.

I don't know if that's contributing to my being so tired. I want to wake up early, get out of bed, and work on stuff - I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    it's probably the alcohol. it's a depressant.
    1 beer every now and then could have that effect? I had no idea. I don't even feel depressed when I have 10-12 beers.... is it the beer?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I'd say the alcohol and lack of physical activity. You need to spend energy to have it.
    It could be the lack of physical activity. I wanted to get a bike at Wally World. I had them hold it until I got there... I drove an hour and a half for nothing. The jackass didn't put the bike on hold for me. I really want to start doing cardio, but I hate running. Eventually I will start running, but I haven't done it in a long time, and it makes my feet go numb and I have a horrible blackout.

why not skip alcohol for a week and see how it affects you.

anachronistic Guest
    It's been three days.

Hopefully I haven't turned into an alcoholic. Is it possible my body has developed a need for alcohol, and I am having withdrawals which in turn are making me tired?

rofl. As someone who's been drunk for over 3 days on a couple occasions, no.

I read that oversleeping makes you tired. If you sleep 12 hours + then you are not entirely resting, you're focusing your energy into various REM patterns.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i can't image being drunk for 3 days.

my friend and i took down a couple bottles of wine last night and i feel like hell today.

anachronistic Guest
    Do you have any links to articles on that? Sounds interesting.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i can't image being drunk for 3 days.

my friend and i took down a couple bottles of wine last night and i feel like hell today.
    I couldn't do it either, and I have German blood running in my vains! But I never feel sick after a good night's drunkenness. Because I know how to handle alcohol.

It's kinda weird being drunk for days on end...just drink a lot before you go to sleep, and begin immediately drinking as soon as you wake up; you're back to drunk in no time...time freakin' flies, or so it seems, and you end up with this hazy recollection of the days, your timetable gets all shifted, and you can't really say how you got there; all you know is your money is all gone, your place is a disaster, and you're completely disgusted with yourself, and you take a day to recover in darkness, sucking down water, eating whatever leftover delivery stuff you might have, regretting all the cigarettes & money you blew through. It really is, sans all the hallucinations, quite a bit like some parts of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast