-Losing my Best friend.
    -Sister moving away.
    -Doing ecstasy for like 3 months.
    -Started smoking and quit.
    -Graduating highschool.
    -Losing my virginity.
    -Going to college.
    -Getting a job.
    -Getting my license and purchasing my own car.
    -Getting my own room.

All these things have changed the way I live, how I live, and how I view life by a tremendous amount.

anachronistic Guest
    Jbleezy, how did those things change the way you see things?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Or you could've said that the OP didn't say anything about radical changes to your core being, but rather "did you experience anything that changed the way you lived your life?", begging the question where the "radical changes to your core being" came from.

I would, because I'm a shit stirrer
    The question asked was "how much have you changed", which to me implies "as a person", which further implies a significant change, shit-stirrer. Now run along and pester someone else.
    Last edited by shh!; 19-08-08 at 10:40 PM.

you make me think!poster.

when i finished reading the first 2 pages,i am speechless. i need to think about what valuable i have done and what igona do in the coming 5 years. at the present, i'm going to TOEFL in few days, wish me good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Jbleezy, how did those things change the way you see things?
    Well...ok not everything changed the way I see things. But losing my best friend changed the way I view life by the struggle and pain I went through. Realizing life doesn't last forever and anyone can go at anytime without you being able to do anything. I realized I need to make the best of my life and that life goes on.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbleezyj View Post
    Well...ok not everything changed the way I see things. But losing my best friend changed the way I view life by the struggle and pain I went through. Realizing life doesn't last forever and anyone can go at anytime without you being able to do anything. I realized I need to make the best of my life and that life goes on.
    That's what I thought.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol! what a bitch! if you think i am a dumbass, come out and say it. you're only hurting your credibility, though, not my self-esteem.
    Like I said, I'll keep an open mind. Still waiting tho.

And I never called you a dumbass for the record. That was all you. I'd describe the post you made as more...impertinent.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Like Bluesummer, I've changed soooo much in the last five years.

Getting divorced was major. I also left the restaurant business, where I was successful and comfortable, to pursue a totally different career path.

I've weeded out poisonous people, fostered positive relationships, dealt with suicidal depression and reconnected with the love of my life. I've let go of a lot of righteous anger and found myself to be far more compassionate than I ever thought I was.

What a long, strange trip it's been.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Like I said, I'll keep an open mind. Still waiting tho.

And I never called you a dumbass for the record. That was all you. I'd describe the post you made as more...impertinent.
    An unabridged dictionary does not have the viscosity to measure your uncanny, arrogant comment! For the record, I couldn't even correspond with your post, I was so disgusted. I think I edited it 5-6 times before I just said **** it.

It sure is a good thing you aren't teaching now; discouraging someone from thinking critically is the worst thing you could do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    An unabridged dictionary does not have the viscosity to measure your uncanny, arrogant comment! For the record, I couldn't even correspond with your post, I was so disgusted. I think I edited it 5-6 times before I just said **** it.

It sure is a good thing you aren't teaching now; discouraging someone from thinking critically is the worst thing you could do.
    Actually I do still teach, LW. I just don't do it as often anymore, I can pick & choose the contracts I take now, lol.

And if you think I have discouraged you from critical thinking, woo boy, you are very confused.

Take a hard science or logic course, LW. Critical thinking is NOT the same as being *creative*, which I do think you excel at. Creativity, particularly in arts, is about 'anything goes'. That is NOT what it means to think critically. You need to learn to be more discerning about ideas.

Not all ideas are created equal. THAT is the crux of critical thinking, that and knowing how to tell them apart. And I know I have made that comment on here before at least once.

I hate wiki citations, but it might help you to start:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I use to be far more limited in what I could do and be clean of a guilty conscience

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Guilt IS an overrated past time, isnt it DM?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, but sometimes guilt is intermixed with yet to be seen consequences of past actions, but that is paranoia

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Paranoia is likewise overrated, as there is no such thing as certainty:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_consequence#The_law_of_unintended_conse quences[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But sometimes unavoidable

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast