+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How Much Have You Changed?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually I do still teach, LW. I just don't do it as often anymore, I can pick & choose the contracts I take now, lol.

And if you think I have discouraged you from critical thinking, woo boy, you are very confused.

Take a hard science or logic course, LW. Critical thinking is NOT the same as being *creative*, which I do think you excel at. Creativity, particularly in arts, is about 'anything goes'. That is NOT what it means to think critically. You need to learn to be more discerning about ideas.

Not all ideas are created equal. THAT is the crux of critical thinking, that and knowing how to tell them apart. And I know I have made that comment on here before at least once.

I hate wiki citations, but it might help you to start:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking[/url]
    You're trying to dig yourself into a personal argument, Indireloaded. That is a kind of argument, which I will NOT have, especially with a person that does not even know me. I am repulsed by the way you have patronized me with the underlying message of "You are not smart enough to study science, philosophy, or math." Do you really find comfort in questioning my intelligence? Does that sooth your little insecurities inside?

You know, if only had the money to study everything I was ever interested in, that would be my dream job. I have so many ideas and questions to ask, that I have a hard time falling asleep at night. Someone with my level of interest and persistence is very hard to come by. I am the kind of person that will work on something for 48 hours in a row if you let me. You know, that's how I learned to play guitar, speak German, write, and program. Just because I don't velcro myself to the little notches in the economy, just because I may not go to class to learn about quarks, vacuums, advanced polymers, or whatever you people like to study in the science field... just because I am not in Advanced Quantum Physics 404, work for NASA, or have a PhD in Fiber optics... just because I don't study Socrates, Siddhartha Gautama, or any little underground philosopher you might so happen to name, at the university level does not mean that I know nothing about these subjects.

In fact, guess what I'm here to do, Indireloaded? I'm going to break the ties in the corporate world. I'm going to show people what they really need to be truly successful. I am going to point out all the fabrications in this little economic bundle that's going on right now. You'll see.

And if you truly pack the gear, you'd also know that most art (that is good) is not just some creative playtime doodling. You undermine it. The way I have found it, the way it's been taught to me, is that creativity is not separate from critical thinking. Critical thinking, although intertwined with creativity, is the base of it. You don't have creativity without critical thinking. But you can have critical thinking without creativity.

Another thing; I think it's funny the way some of you people categorize things into subjects. Ultimately, it is all just a fragment of what is knowledge. You think I am unfit for Philosophy, Mathematics, and Science. The funny thing is, go ahead and say that; I find irony in that paradox, because not only can one not exist without the other, but they also depend on computers and art, and vice versa. I think it's a bit... frankly, ignorant of you, to say what you said, not realizing this. You simply cannot have art (that is good) or computer programs without those things.

Now I understand that you're entitled to your own opinion. If you want to think I am too stupid for Philosophy, Science, or Mathematics, go right ahead. And you know what? Go ahead and pack those stones in the snowball. It's going to sting me for a little bit, but you know what? You lose more credibility.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 21-08-08 at 10:13 AM.

^^^^ hahaha

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shaddap, LW.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456