View Poll Results: Would you seek a sex companion if spouse is forever severely disabled/incapable

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 26.92%
  • no

13 50.00%
  • undecided

6 23.08%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it 'okay' to seek a sex partner if spouse is forever severely disabled/incapable

"Doing it" normally refers to sex, and since this thread's topic is sex, naturally one would assume that is what you were referring to.

Your post quite clearly said you would find a way to do "it" (whatever this conveniently now means to you) with your partner (I take it this means your hypothetical wife, and not an outside partner?). There was no indication that she would actually *want* you crawling on her severely disabled body, or that it would matter to you whether she did or not, but rather a statement that you "expect" her to do the same if you were the one severely disabled. Does she not have a say?

The loss of a limb is not considered "severely disabled". Clearly, we are not picturing the same patient.

Maybe you should aim for a bit more clarity.
    Last edited by shh!; 05-08-08 at 10:33 PM.

i think mish is trying to provoke you, vashhhh.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

He's just defensive because I interpreted his poorly-worded post in an unflattering way.
    Last edited by shh!; 06-08-08 at 01:00 AM.

one of the most disgusting posts ever on LF, congrats!

[QUOTE=lesa;358410]Do you feel something is wrong with doing it?

DISGUSTING ... just horrible lesa.

Tedel Guest
    Well, Lesa, which part of "until death do you apart" was not clear to you?

Of course, it is wrong, but I must admit that I have not been there and I don't know what will my ultimate decision about it. Hard question, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Don't put words into my mouth (or letters into my posts) biayetch.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    Do you feel something is wrong with doing it?

DISGUSTING ... just horrible lesa.
    lol, I forgot what I posted and had to go back and reread my own post.

It may be horrible clearskies, but it also may be reality.

Remember this is not a person that just became incapable, etc....They have been taken cared of by their spouse for several years before even thinking of having a companion (and they have absolutely no intention of leaving their spouse or taking them to a nursing facility for care).

It's usually happens without plan. I know many older women probably would not seek a companion but it seems more difficult for a man especially if he is in his early thirties.

It's very sad and having a companion can be bittersweet I suppose. I have absolutely no clue what I would do.

Last edited by lesa; 05-08-08 at 11:14 PM.

Divorce & break up are there... more legal moral options still exist... why will you think of going for such unacceptable ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Well, Lesa, which part of "until death do you apart" was not clear to you?

Of course, it is wrong, but I must admit that I have not been there and I don't know what will my ultimate decision about it. Hard question, indeed.
    Hey, I'm just wondering like everyone else. I have never thought to do such a thing. Just broading my mind and maybe others along the way.

Divorce & break up are there... more legal moral options still exist... why will you think of going for such unacceptable ones?
    I was never thinking of doing this unacceptable act. I was wondering.

Sounds like divorce & break up is more cruel. "until death do us part" but not "in sickness & in health"?

Extra-marital affairs aren't illegal, though they're considered immoral to most people visiting this board...but you couple legal & moral together with divorce and break up.

Is it really moral to abandon someone that is completely unable to care for his or herself so that you can enjoy physical pleasures with another? That's what makes the original question tough.

You don't want to leave the one you swore an oath to, but you want sex too. After knowing sex, celibacy is kind of sucky. So it pulls you in opposite directions.

you could always just have them starved to death like teri shiavo's husband.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    "Doing it" normally refers to sex, and since this thread's topic is sex, naturally one would assume that is what you were referring to.

Your post quite clearly said you would find a way to do "it" (whatever this conveniently now means to you) with your partner (I take it this means your hypothetical wife, and not an outside partner?). There was no indication that she would actually *want* you crawling on her severely disabled body, or that it would matter to you whether she did or not, but rather a statement that you "expect" her to do the same if you were the one severely disabled. Does she not have a say?

The loss of a limb is not considered "severely disabled". Clearly, we are not picturing the same patient.
    Vash, you're still talking out of your ass with you imagined scenarios. I already told you what I meant, I don't need to clarify myself any further. It's your fault that you misinterpreted.

I didn't even read any posts that referred to anyone in a comatose state, I was replying to original poster in regards to partner giving a consent (read: conscious)

Maybe you should aim for a bit more clarity.
    Maybe you should aim not to jump to conclusions, then you won't be putting your foot in your mouth as often.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

if i was really incapacitated i wouldn't mind.

give me the morphine button and **** my sister for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if i was really incapacitated i wouldn't mind.

give me the morphine button and **** my sister for all i care.
    Oh no! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I didn't even read any posts that referred to anyone in a comatose state, I was replying to original poster in regards to partner giving a consent (read: conscious)
    He's just defensive because I interpreted his poorly-worded post in an unflattering way.

^^ This still applies.

And BTW - there is a quote button in the lower right hand corner for use when you aren't referring to the post before yours... Of course, I know you already know this, since in all other cases you have used it when it when you aren't referring to the post immediately above yours or when it may not be clear who you are talking to (but of course not in THIS case). :rolling eyes:
    Last edited by shh!; 06-08-08 at 01:18 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast