+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend is gaining weight.

Boyfriend is gaining weight.

My boyfriend has put on a few pounds since we started dating. Although I can hardly notice, he notices quite a bit. He feels self conscious and has trouble taking off his shirt more and more. We like to spend a lot of time together, so what can we do together to be more active. Such as going to the beach or washing cars or biking(all things I've tried already and I'm looking for more ideas). Any other ideas?

Eat more, and then you'll both be fat together

lol! thanks....

and i wanted to add that he doesnt have the money for a gym membership so I was trying to think of things to do outside that are fairly cheap or free

Someone in another post mentioned dance classes, I don't know how expensive they are, but it seems like great exercise.

There are places around the city that offer free intro to dance classes... I know, because I took my daughter last night to a salsa dance festival. Tonight there is something going on at the LA Music Center with free dance instruction...

Otherwise, hiking is cheap. Frisbee in the park. Walk a dog, ride a bike, go to the beach...

Have wilder sex lol.

There are lots of thing you can do together. It's nice of you that you want to join him in activities. Ryde those bicycles more often You could also go swimming and running together. If you have rackets, try those kind of games (I love badminton). Remember that he must combine the activities with proper diet.

Visit
    [url]http://www.caloriesperhour.com/[/url]
    [url]http://www.nutritiondata.com/[/url]
    [url]http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/tl/misc/caloriesburned.jsp[/url]
    Those sites have calorie burner calculators for each activities, list of various activities, info and tips.

He must be persistent. Unfortunately, fat doesn't magically disappear overnight.

I forgot to add that in order to form muscles (muscles are those in charge for burning the calories - as he'll be adding more muscles he'll be burning more). He could make weights from plastic bottles - fill them with sand; or buy the real ones.

Why don't you two learn to cook some healthier meals together... but a low fat cookbook, and make an evening of it on a regular basis.

anachronistic Guest
    Anything physical will help burn off fat; the whole concept of fat, is that it is stored up energy. Learning to burn more of that off when you're up and about will get rid of it with time.

Sometimes it is good to put on weight, though; it's a sign of growth.

Go hiking. Far more fun than running on threadmills next to eachother would ever be.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    tell that lazy bastard to exercise more.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    I always feel much skinnier after a night of drinking. No, I don't mean because I threw up. Anyone else feel the same way?

Go for a hike or a run...it's free. Any cardio activity will get those few extra pounds off.

But if he isn't willing to try there's nothing you can really do. I kind of had this problem with my ex, I tried getting her to go out running, swimming, cycling, to the gym...nothing worked. She was a lazy fat ass that ate too much fast food and complained about her weight.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Someone in another post mentioned dance classes, I don't know how expensive they are, but it seems like great exercise.
    My posts about Latin dancing is sinking in

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

I've heard exercising first thing in the morning, specifically before you eat anything, when the body's glucose/glycogen levels are lowest, your body will burn the most fat per Calorie of energy expended, and to do so, you ideally do like 30-90 mins of exercise at like 60-70% of your max heart rate...generally around like 110-140 bpm.
    Last edited by Aegis; 03-08-08 at 04:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast