+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When you have a "thing" with a friend..

haha, fair enough. Ill take it as a compliment!

good. it is a compliment.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

how nice of you

i know! i can be nice once in a while.

Just don't tell your friends to grab her boobs.

Well you can take the other member's advice and let someone you like pass or you could try something...
    She is jealous of girls talking to you? Ffs, your turn.

Well, you get what I'm saying, I'm going to shut up or I'm going to get heavily flammed aha xD

Haha, yeah i see what you mean,..hmm. what does Ffs mean sorry?

And no, i wont tell my friends to grab her boobs..thanks for the advice!?

hahahah, that was more of an inside joke referring to miso, but it applies to your friend too, lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sam, have you searched the archive yet for situations similar to yours? There are quite a few & they will give you ideas for how to handle this. But basically, waiting is all you can do unless you want to bite the bullet & steal her away from her BF. At 20 years, tho, that is hardly necessary. Chances are good she & her BF will split w/in the year.

BTW, that would put you in the 'relationship' > friendship category. B/c you aren't waiting for her friendship, are you?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    Well you can take the other member's advice and let someone you like pass or you could try something...
    She is jealous of girls talking to you? Ffs, your turn.

Well, you get what I'm saying, I'm going to shut up or I'm going to get heavily flammed aha xD
    This is the kind of advice that I find so beyond flawed. Before I came to this forum, my advice was always not to mess with anyone that was involved in a relationship. I still wouldn't, however, after being here, I'm willing to budge a little bit and say that you can tell someone you like them just to gauge how they feel, but that's it. That's as far as you go. And I still think that's borderline because if they DO leave their partner, they'll probably leave you for someone else.

However, to try and manipulate the situation and try to get a relationship broken up is so damn disrespectful. He told her how he felt. She knows. In my opinion, it should stop there. He shouldn't be trying to toy with other girls to make this other girl jealous to try and get her to leave her bf.

Friends can't be friends if one person has romantic feelings for the other. There will be a boundary that will usually be crossed (like in this situation with the kiss on the cheek and the expression of romantic feelings from both sides). I'd be very uncomfortable with a guy hanging out with my gf if I knew that he wanted a relationship with her.

Yeah, ive tried searching around, but wasnt sure of an appropriate search..

Thanks for the advice though. Am i waiting for her friendship? Are you saying i shouldnt be friends with her at this point? ...Ive told her its hard for me to be a true friend to her now, and that really i shouldnt be around her. But she said that would kill her and she couldnt let it happen!

Cain, I understand what your saying. And the borderline stuff, is what ive done.
    Im not toying with her in any way, and i didnt even think about making her jealous.

Also, "There will be a boundary that will usually be crossed (like in this situation with the kiss on the cheek and the expression of romantic feelings from both sides)."
    Ok, so the kiss was on the lips..and as for on the cheek, well thats happened plenty of times. But kissing on the cheek is fine, isnt it!?

I think if i tried not being friends with her. Thus doing the more respecful thing, it would make the situation harder to deal with..Even for other people around us..

how often do you guys talk/see each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    This is the kind of advice that I find so beyond flawed. Before I came to this forum, my advice was always not to mess with anyone that was involved in a relationship. I still wouldn't, however, after being here, I'm willing to budge a little bit and say that you can tell someone you like them just to gauge how they feel, but that's it. That's as far as you go. And I still think that's borderline because if they DO leave their partner, they'll probably leave you for someone else.

However, to try and manipulate the situation and try to get a relationship broken up is so damn disrespectful. He told her how he felt. She knows. In my opinion, it should stop there. He shouldn't be trying to toy with other girls to make this other girl jealous to try and get her to leave her bf.

Friends can't be friends if one person has romantic feelings for the other. There will be a boundary that will usually be crossed (like in this situation with the kiss on the cheek and the expression of romantic feelings from both sides). I'd be very uncomfortable with a guy hanging out with my gf if I knew that he wanted a relationship with her.
    I'm quite young and I understand your point of view but I know for sure that her boyfriend wouldn't think twice before hurting you if he could so I stand by my opinion...

Cain is very respectfull and a good guy but other people aren't, that's why I don't think you should be... maybe I'll change as I grow up.

Whatever you do good luck buddy.

PS. And ffs is a varation of for god's sake : P

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    I'm quite young and I understand your point of view but I know for sure that her boyfriend wouldn't think twice before hurting you if he could so I stand by my opinion...

Cain is very respectfull and a good guy but other people aren't, that's why I don't think you should be... maybe I'll change as I grow up.

Whatever you do good luck buddy.

PS. And ffs is a varation of for god's sake : P
    So, because other people aren't respectful of other people's relationships means that he shouldn't? That's one of the most childish things I've read in a while. It goes back to that "if Bobby jumped off a bridge would you do it to?"

She's in a relationship. He's told her how he feels. It's now up to her. She either needs to leave her bf and date him or she needs to turn him away as a friend. Not only do they admit to liking each other, but they've already crossed that boundary of friendship with a kiss on the lips. If I was her boyfriend, that slut would be out on the curb so she could suck the next dick on her list.

Also, Sam, you need to think about one thing. Some guys are VERY vindictive. If a guy overstepped his boundary with my girl and KNEW that she and I were in a relationship, I wouldn't be very respectful anymore. You need to make sure this relationship isn't serious before you do something stupid. The more serious it is, the more likely it is that this guy might hurt you. No matter how tough you are, an aluminum bat is tougher.

I feel like there's far fewer people like you than you make it seem, but we've been over this, lol

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast