+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Gf's Birthday..

My Gf's Birthday..

My GF's 22nd birthday's coming up..
    I want to do something really unique and special..with a budget..
    Something that involves just the both of us..
    Any pointers?
    Thanks..

Umm, I don't really have any experience with it, but if you've been involved for a fairly long time I'd advise you to try and find a picture from when you two first got together and one close to the present, and have them both side by side with a nice-looking (and not necessarily expensive) frame.

At least that's what I'd consider doing. Can even blend the two pictures if you got some basic photoshopping abilities.

Works better for older couples, but I think the "still going strong" message can still get through.

What's your budget, and how long have you been dating?

I do not suggest over-the-top gifts for girlfriends... You will always be trying to out-do yourself for every subsequent event, and when that happens, birthdays become a big, expensive chore.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    What's your budget, and how long have you been dating?

I do not suggest over-the-top gifts for girlfriends... You will always be trying to out-do yourself for every subsequent event, and when that happens, birthdays become a big, expensive chore.
    I remember I got comments like this when I bought my gf a pearl necklace and matching pearl stud earrings for her birthday... but my uncle is a jeweler so I get insane discounts. These two things should have cost me several hundred, but I got those and a pearl bracelet for less than $100. She probably spent nearly as much for me on multiple gifts.

But, if this isn't a serious relationship, definitely don't spend a great deal of money.

In my long term relationship my bf and I have never purchased expensive gifts. We bought small little items that we liked or he would get some custom made dessert or perfume.

Currently my bf and I buy somewhat expensive items but I cheat and get things worth a little over a thousand USD for just a couple hundreds on ebay.

I am probably not going to buy any more expensive items for now so you really don't have to out-do yourself every occasion. Do worry too much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Umm, I don't really have any experience with it, but if you've been involved for a fairly long time I'd advise you to try and find a picture from when you two first got together and one close to the present, and have them both side by side with a nice-looking (and not necessarily expensive) frame.

At least that's what I'd consider doing. Can even blend the two pictures if you got some basic photoshopping abilities.

Works better for older couples, but I think the "still going strong" message can still get through.
    i did that for my one year with my gf. cept it was the first picture we ever took together. then i got it engraved saying
    "John and Jess
    May 20, 2007"

she loved it. definitely recommend it