+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he still love me?

Does he still love me?

Hi everyone. My boyfriend broke up with me recently. Anyway, even after the breakup, we still cuddled, he still ran his fingers through my hair, and he'd still caress my fingers and stuff. This was totally separate from anything sexual that happened after the breakup. Does he still love me?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Probably not. More than likely he doesn't want you going anywhere. You're his fallback if he can't find something new. Sorry.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

If he loved you he wouldn't be breaking up with you

Though out of curiousity, what were his reasons?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Avoid him, trust me on this one if he is still showing interest in you by running his fingers through your hair, all you need to do is show no interest in him. Easier said than done, much easier, but it is rewarding and after about 4-5 nights you will know the answer. No phone calls, no contact and if its unavoidable pretend that you have plans or that you are busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    If he loved you he wouldn't be breaking up with you

Though out of curiousity, what were his reasons?
    His reason was that he found that he was still in love with his ex-fiance that broke up with him 6 months ago. I honestly think that he still loves me but that is just me. Also, he is still contacting me and I have no intention of breaking friendship with him. I know that there is still a chance of us getting back together in the future. He even said this.

Also, if these aren't signs that he still loves me, are they signs that he does care about me?

You're clutching at straws and you're in denial. You're looking for signs that he loves you and you're interpreting him being still intimate as that.

Maybe he never loved you. He says he's still got feelings for his ex-fiance. Your friendship won't work if you've still got hopes of getting back together again. It may be time to let this one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetypie02 View Post
    His reason was that he found that he was still in love with his ex-fiance that broke up with him 6 months ago. I honestly think that he still loves me but that is just me. Also, he is still contacting me and I have no intention of breaking friendship with him. I know that there is still a chance of us getting back together in the future. He even said this.
    Yeh, that's not really what you want.

You want stability in a relationship and a reliable partner you can trust. He currently lacks these qualities, so you won't go for him even if he's ready, because you respect yourself this much. You will only be friends with him if it doesn't involve any romantic feelings and only after you are over him. That's what you will tell him.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

how old are you and how long were you together?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

He may care about you, but he doesn't love you. If he did, he wouldn't have broken off with you so he can chase another girl.

Quit lying to yourself, my friend. It only prolongs your misery. Cut him off entirely and move on. The guy who is meant for you is out there looking for you, and you are wasting your time with this one.

He broke up with you because he has feelings for someone else and now he's cuddling, running his fingers through your hair? What a JERK! He's shamelessly leading you on and he has no interest in protecting your heart. RUNNNNNNNN

You're blind.

He broke up with you so that he could try to pursue another girl and he's doing what little things he has to in order to keep you around just in case he gets turned down by her. You're his second option. Does that not make you feel like crap? Are you really fine knowing that you weren't his first choice? Do you think that even if you do get back together that he won't do this again?

You need to open your eyes and have some respect for yourself. Move on.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You're blind.

He broke up with you so that he could try to pursue another girl and he's doing what little things he has to in order to keep you around just in case he gets turned down by her. You're his second option. Does that not make you feel like crap? Are you really fine knowing that you weren't his first choice? Do you think that even if you do get back together that he won't do this again?

You need to open your eyes and have some respect for yourself. Move on.
    Yes, I actually am blind technically. I'm legally blind without my glasses.

Anyway, I am trying to move on now. Especially after he told me yesterday that he was not willing to take me back yet. He said he's not ready to take me back.

Also, I don't see how any of you can assume to know more about this than I do. After all, I know the guy personally. You all don't.

But anyway, thanks for your advice.

Yes, I actually am blind technically. I'm legally blind without my glasses.

Anyway, I am trying to move on now. Especially after he told me yesterday that he was not willing to take me back yet. He said he's not ready to take me back.

Also, I don't see how any of you can assume to know more about this than I do. After all, I know the guy personally. You all don't.

But anyway, thanks for your advice.
    We're outsiders that are offering unbiased opinions. You're blinded by your love for the guy and so you don't want to see what we see.

He broke up with you so he could try to get back with his ex-fiance. That's it.

He's not just taking a break from you like you want to think. Breaks don't work that way. When someone wants to take a break, it's because they need time away... time to themselves... time to cope. They don't continue to act the same way they did before the break.

Maybe you should put your glasses on so you can see what we see.
    I don't chase, I replace.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your best bet (if you want to keep your options open w/this guy in future) is to stay friends with him, but don't let him do anything that is part of a BF-GF relationship. In fact, it would be best if you started seeing someone else.

You broke up. You are free now. As for him, he's emotionally unavailable. The reasons why don't matter and YOU can't do anything about it, except maybe seriously talk to him about it as his friend & encourage him to get some kind of true closure with this other gal.

But don't be satisfied with being a placeholder. That's a shitty place to be and you deserve so much better.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast