+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my heart still hurts

my heart still hurts

I was dating this guy for 4 mos...I fell hard for him. He broke up with me 5 mos ago and I still love him and would do anything to "win" him back...He told me all the time that we had a great relationship. of course me being younger, and acting a little imature out of anger I said things I shouldnt have to him and things about his brother that was not nessasary. I have tried to call him, he changed his number, I myspaced him, he blocked me. I am trying to appologize but he isnt taking it. he is a very stuburn man. what to do next? I see him sometimes, and I corgiouly say hi how are you he smiles and keeps going, he looks at me always but will not give me the time of the day...

That means "no" to most people. Perhaps you can hold him at gunpoint to apologize, or drug him & abduct him? Seriously, you're gonna have to take a hint at some point. He probably already thinks you're creepy.

Thank you for your help. That's what I was thinking...lol not really.

I get the idea he's been avoiding you since you broke up? For 5 months?! How long does someone need to tell you "no" before you accept it?!

yea he has been avoiding me for 5 mos. But, what gets me is the fact that if I see him somewhere he will stare at me...which makes me beleive he still may have feelings for me. I no him and when he wants nothing to do with someone he wont even look at them and act like he doesnt no them, he aknowledges me...just not in the way I want him to..

He probably does have feelings for you, both good and bad, and it sounds like the bad ones heavily outweigh the good ones, since he refuses to talk to you at all.

yea thats what iam thinking...he did say at one point about a mos or so ago that he was ready to talk to me..then he changed his ph # and now I am guessing through pictures on his myspace he has a girlfriend...which kills me b/c he is going to be used by her, I can sense it..haha

So...doesn't it seem like time for you to move on?

yes I no it's time to move on, however, I am not used to not getting what I want when I want it! This rejection is new to me...I am not used to being rejected, and I am not liking it.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, perhaps you need to learn from this. Rejection happens, even to you. The lesson is how to recover from it with dignity, and not obsess over a person that quite clearly has moved on from you. It's not healthy to do that.

I dare say he doesn't want you back. Not only did he dump YOU, but he cut off all contact. That would be enough for me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Staring isn't a really strong sign he still likes you. If I see my exes, I would probably notice them more than other people but it doesn't mean I want to get back with them even in a small way. Nor does it mean I am still attracted to them. It just means I know them. I know when you still like someone, you want to interprete everything they do as an indication that there are still hope. But in reality, its not like that all at.

Go socialize and you would begin to notice someone who is more suitable for you and will make you happy. If you continue pursuing this relationship, chances are, he would become colder and you will become more and more miserable and confused.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone is 'dumpable'. EVERYONE, no matter how beautiful/handsome/smart/wealthy/successful and that's not even counting the ones who really deserve it. In fact, some will make it a point to do so if you happen to fall into one or more of these categories just to make the point.

Woe to anyone whose ego requires that they be the exception to this rule.

Yes, my dear, you too can be dumped and learn from it. Time to say 'thanks' to the breeze and move on w/a whistle.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thanks for all of the advise! u live u learn i suppose! maybe good things really do fall apart so better things can fall together...who knows!

don't be too down on yourself. it sounds like things didnt work out this time but its just preparing you for when love does strike
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mama625 View Post
    however, I am not used to not getting what I want when I want it! This rejection is new to me...I am not used to being rejected, and I am not liking it.
    Oh boohooohooohooo oh booohooohooo
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."