+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may have oral Cancer.

anachronistic Guest

I may have oral Cancer.

I'm a little uneasy about it. I don't smoke or chew tobacco, so I don't know how I'd really get it. I brush my teeth every day, with an occasional mouth wash and flossing.

Since last year, I have been getting little bubbles on the roof of my mouth. They disappear after a while. I haven't had one in a while. I guess I had something on my tongue today, according to my dentis. Every now and then I do get a sore on my tongue... not sure what it is. My dentist says it may be a sign of oral cancer.

So they scraped the shit out of my tongue with a pipe cleaner and they are going to do lab work.

God forbid I don't have cancer. I hate surgery, I hate being in hospitals, I hate all of that. That is the most uncomfortable place for me. I am not afraid of dying... but for some reason, I just don't want it to be in a hospital.

I don't know that much about cancer, but I am not too worried about it. If I do, my case isn't so bad.

Oral cancer? Wow - I don't know what he saw, but when I see sores in the mouth, I think Herpes. (It's very common.)

anachronistic Guest
    Are you referring to the whole canker sore thing, or herpes of the mouth? I was tested within the last year - after my last girlfriend to be exact. No herpes or anything.

I don't think what I am getting is much like that at all. Sometimes one side of my tongue turns red, and gets very inflamed. And herpes doesn't explain the bubbles on the roof of my mouth.

I don't know what would be worse - herpes of the mouth or oral cancer.

Definitely oral cancer is worse. As much as 80% of the population has oral herpes. It isn't at all unusual. And BTW - you can't test for it when there are no sores.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Definitely oral cancer is worse. As much as 80% of the population has oral herpes. It isn't at all unusual. And BTW - you can't test for it when there are no sores.
    Not even blood tests confirm it? Hmm... isn't it a viral infection? I thought that's what makes it so horrible. I thought viruses alter DNA?

Well I have never had any sores down there. I did get a horrible yeast infection with that college fling, but a nice healthy dose of prescription medicine made it disappear... haven't seen it since.

It might be oral herpes then. I hope it is. I do get canker sores, but not very often.

anachronistic Guest
    The next subject on the line would be my wisdom teeth. I want to get the laughing gas, but I don't want to be conscious... tough debate... I could always get laughing gas, if I really wanted to know what it was like though...

They would have to make an incision into my gums in order to remove them. They aren't going to grow out anymore and they are under my other molars.

Not really bothering me... but I think I should get it done over Christmas break.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't have cancer, LW. Stop reading up about it on Google or whatever. You have a much better chance of winning the lottery.

Dentists nowadays have a UV device they can shine in your mouth to quickly find suspect lesions. And do a biopsy if necessary.

You just have a very active brain & you're needing distraction. Go out for a bike ride or something.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    They are doing a biopsy.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What an excellent way to take your money. Well, it will come back negative. If it doesn't let us know, I'm sure we'll all pitch in for a last trip to Disneyland for you.

EDIT- but you'll have to show Vash & I the actual lab report.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Lol. Well, that is going to take a bite out of my wallet.. not currently under health insurance.

Oh yay! Disneyland! Can we go to Mars too?

hahaahaha you have herpes!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    let's make out!

*Hug* It's probably just a precaution. Better safe than sorry. Let us know what the results are.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    did the dr also shoot in your mouth?? j/k..

anyways, look on the bright side, atleast you discovered whatever it is early on and it's if it's cancer, then better preventive measures can be taken.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Oral Cancer? how exciting! All I ever get is cancer sores
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast