+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some advice for a broken heart

Some advice for a broken heart

Hi all, I'm Maria

First of all, you'll have to excuse me if this sounds a bit dumb, but I'm only 18, so.. ^^

Ok, so here it goes.

About 4 weeks ago I started this training at a call center. And I experienced one of the most cliche love crush ever: trainer-trainee. So, by the end of the first week I started having a huge crush on my trainer. He's 27, and he is so charming that I totally fell for him.
    But at first it was innocent, something for me to laugh at.

But he never gave me any kind of signal the feeling was mutual.

And as he was telling us things about his life, his personality I started liking him more and more.

And I was so happy to go to training everyday becuse I got to spend 7 and a half hours looking at him, and listening to him(i love his accent. He's not from my country)

This week was the end of our 4th week of training. We still have a week and a half more to go.
    So, this past thursday, he announced that he would no be our training starting from next monday because he had to start college and so he's taking one-week vacation from work.

And you imagine how I felt when he told us that, right? The rest of the class I was sooo serious, that he even realised it and said something about me being serious to the whole class( we're only 12 students)

So, yesterday was his last day as our trainer.... And I was so sad on the inside. And when it was time to go home I said goodbye to him and I felt soo bad.

But I'm going to see him (in theory) in like 2 weeks for our "graduation" party. And maybe some days at work too, but maybe not because of our working hours are not the same.

And, since I'm going to be an agent and he's a supervisor(no agent's supervisor, another kind) I guess it's forbidden for me to say something to him....

So.... what can I do to not feel this bad???
    Today was a torture... thinking that I'm going to see him only a few times more...

And you know what the worst part is?
    I told you he's not from my country, he only came here to study journalism. Well, he's graduating on December and he's going back to his country!

What should I do?? avoid him? What can I do to feel better??
    Any advice would work.

Sorry if it's too long... I needed to get it out of my chest, and I feel silly telling this to my friends

What you should do? Nothing - the same thing everyone with little crushes on untouchable people does. Everyone has little crushes. You're infatuated with him, or with the idea of what you want him to be, nothing more. It's just something you need to get past by doing pretty much nothing, apart from getting on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by mauu View Post
    And you know what the worst part is?
    I told you he's not from my country, he only came here to study journalism. Well, he's graduating on December and he's going back to his country!

What should I do?? avoid him? What can I do to feel better??
    Any advice would work.

Sorry if it's too long... I needed to get it out of my chest, and I feel silly telling this to my friends
    I think given the age difference and the fact that he's from another country going back, it's best to get over him and let him go. Longevity wise this would be the best solution for the two of you.

You don't necessarily have to avoid him, you can be friends. Infatuations come and go, given a bit of time you will get over him.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~