+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: And yet again...

if you called her tonight, how many times today would it sum up to that you texted, emailed, called, etc.?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if you called her tonight, how many times today would it sum up to that you texted, emailed, called, etc.?
    I only texted her once without her starting it. The other two texts were just replies to her. And that's it.
    I don't chase, I replace.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cain you are all doom & gloom right now. Here:

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JT4mFkYp1Yw&feature=related"]YouTube - cats by Robin Williams[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah, doom and gloom.

I feel like a ****ing wuss.

Though I know life will go on and I will get over it, losing her is going to hurt for a really long time.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    STOP IT.

Cain, you are creating your own self-fulfilling prophecy here.

Your original post was that she has asked for a break & needs some space. And that its her occasionally MO b/c of her history, so its not news. If this is how you freak out when you are with her, I'm starting to see why.

Right now, you don't know what she is thinking. You're making shit up in your head to fill in the blanks. You could just as easily think how great things will be once she's had some counselling & has had some time to realize what she is missing by not being around you.

Geeze, Cain, you do have some self-esteem issues, don't you?

From all I've read here, you're a good guy. Smart, hard working, moral, responsible, interested in family.... that's a helluva lot going for you. You are an opinionated hard ass about some things, but so are a lot of guys I know w/your other characteristics. Its largely an age & experience thing (you WILL mellow with age).

So DON'T **** it up by devolving into a pussy now b/c your GF has *reasonably* asked for some time & space.

Bend over Cain. Miso, Vash, Giga & I will beat you in a line w/a newspaper until you come to your senses again.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    STOP IT.

Cain, you are creating your own self-fulfilling prophecy here.

Your original post was that she has asked for a break & needs some space. And that its her occasionally MO b/c of her history, so its not news. If this is how you freak out when you are with her, I'm starting to see why.

Right now, you don't know what she is thinking. You're making shit up in your head to fill in the blanks. You could just as easily think how great things will be once she's had some counselling & has had some time to realize what she is missing by not being around you.

Geeze, Cain, you do have some self-esteem issues, don't you?

From all I've read here, you're a good guy. Smart, hard working, moral, responsible, interested in family.... that's a helluva lot going for you. You are an opinionated hard ass about some things, but so are a lot of guys I know w/your other characteristics. Its largely an age & experience thing (you WILL mellow with age).

So DON'T **** it up by devolving into a pussy now b/c your GF has *reasonably* asked for some time & space.

Bend over Cain. Miso, Vash, Giga & I will beat you in a line w/a newspaper until you come to your senses again.
    Yeah, well, it certainly didn't help seeing some of these doom and gloom posts on here.

I'll do what I do. Whatever happens, happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    I feel like a ****ing wuss.
    You may go on and feel like a wuss, but do not, for your own sake, act like one.

Endure the pain. "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    If you all think it's best that I don't say anything tonight, fine. I'll wait. I'll ask how her day was, see how she's doing, and tell her I'm going to give her the space she wants and that she can call me when she's ready.

I will say, though, that if we break up, I'm going to be done dating for a long time.
    If a guy were to tell me this, I'd get angry with him cos it sound like I'm the worst possibly girl to date and that because of me he hates the whole woman kind. I know you didn't mean that by it, I'm just saying how it sounds to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7chqPuRjOw"]YouTube - Sugababes - Freak Like Me[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ9kBQrZXOI"]YouTube - Freak-Silverchair[/ame]
    Last edited by Citycat; 12-08-08 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    You may go on and feel like a wuss, but do not, for your own sake, act like one.

Endure the pain. "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

If a guy were to tell me this, I'd get angry with him cos it sound like I'm the worst possibly girl to date and that because of me he hates the whole woman kind. I know you didn't mean that by it, I'm just saying how it sounds to me.
    I'm not going to tell her I'm done dating for a while, but I'm not going to be one of those guys that gets into a relationship too soon only to realize I'm not over my ex. It'd take me a while to get over her.

And for the record, vodka straight tastes like urine. Horrible shit.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cain, if it helps you to know, you will be dealing w/this shit with her for the rest of your life if you marry her. Counselling will help somewhat, but generally, people's personalities stay largely the same. Some ppl fight, some flight when upset or stressed. She's a flighty one. You are a fighter. Just the way it is.

Imagine, you guys are going thru a rough patch 10 years from now & she tells you she can't take it anymore & wants a divorce. She won't mean it tho, I'd bet.

Here's a word it took me a long time to learn, Cain, but its totally worth it: equanimity. My whole life changed once I took this to heart. Look it up if you aren't sure. Seriously.

So, try to put this in longterm perspective, k?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    And for the record, vodka straight tastes like urine. Horrible shit.
    You're gonna drunk dial, aren't you? Quick, go lock your phone in the car & put your car key someplace you can't easily get to. Like a roomates underwear drawer.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

omg cain.

you are being so dramatic right now.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    Haha, great he's trying to turn himself into an alcoholic.

For the record, I like vodka. You must be drinking the shitty stuff. Try stoli's.

Get over yourself dude. There are other things to dedicate yourself to besides a woman. This is the time to do so. Save drinking for the happy moments in life.

edit: perfect song for the moment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxui0uFr3g"]YouTube - Massive Attack - Live With Me[/ame]

I'm drinking Smirnoff Vodka.. I usually mix it with Bloody Mary mix... it's absolute shit by itself. I just needed a little something to clear my head.

Stupid board kept giving me an error when I tried to quote you, LW.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    omg cain.

you are being so dramatic right now.
    Love you too, cutie pie.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast