+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have an unnatural obsession....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I have an unnatural obsession....

.....with my iPod.

It went missing three days ago, and I actually had a panic attack. I shed a tear. I ripped my house and my car apart searching for it, and called every place in town I'd been in the last week to see if it had turned up there.

Fortunately, I finally located it today....at my physiotherapist's office. Frankly, I was shocked that someone would turn it in, but very relieved.

I don't know what it is with that thing, but it felt like missing a limb without it. I take it on trips with me, I play it in the car, at the gym, or on my iPod dock in the kitchen while I'm cooking. I think it might be bordering on obsessive. My bf told me today too that he felt so sad about me being upset over losing it, that he was going to go out and buy me a new one before we left for vacation.

I don't know if it's an obsession with my iPod so much as it is to music. I can't live without music. I can't drive without it, or work out without it. Am I weird?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you're addicted to electronic stimulation?

I think that's quite understandable- not weird at all. I hope you have all of that music backed up on an external hard drive.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Take it to a key shop & have your name etched in it. This way, if it goes missing, its more likely to be returned.

I have an iPod touch w/my name on the back. Helps, b/c I leave my stuff everywhere all the time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah. i cried when i accidently left my ipod in one of my pockets and washed it.

i still want to cry when i think about it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I lost my ipod in London, along with my passport, my journal and my camera. This creepy gay guy tracked me down and gave it all back to me. I gave him $200 reward and he said he was going to invest it for me, and if I just gave him my address he'd look me up and give me the profits. I said I'd be alright thanks.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You learn to live without it if you have to.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I lost my remote controlled helicopter within a week of owning it, because I was flying it ridiculously high and the wind up there took it above some tall trees. That thing was over $200

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ hahahaha gutted.

anachronistic Guest
    When I got into a near death accident last winter during a blizzard, I was a little flustered about the fresh crater in the side of my car. On the bright side though neither my brother or I got hurt.

I think the only thing I really have an obsession for is my computer. I saved up for an entire summer. That's why. But how the **** do you lose a computer, lol.

I have a obsession with my gf and also with world of warcraft. Well with WoW it was all I had when I left school and all my friends had ditched me. Its kinda a friend in a weird kind of way. I'm 100% nerd
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I lost my ipod in London, along with my passport, my journal and my camera. This creepy gay guy tracked me down and gave it all back to me. I gave him $200 reward and he said he was going to invest it for me, and if I just gave him my address he'd look me up and give me the profits. I said I'd be alright thanks.
    He tracked you down b/c he figured, after looking at your passport photo, that he might ask you out you handsome devil, you.

Its nice there are still some honest ppl in the world. Weird about the investing thing tho. Should've told him to spend it on condoms.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That guy was a freak. I don't really think his motives were all that philanthropic. I just wish he'd pulled off his mask of sanity before I gave him the money. He wouldn't let me end the conversation and eventually I just walked off.

anachronistic Guest
    haha charlie's got a stalker.

This is why I like my 5-year old 512mb mp3 player with a broken lid.
    If I drop it into the ground I just brush it off and shrug. No biggie, if it breaks I just have an incentive to get a new one.

Got a new one though, a fake ipod from Beijing. It works well enough and has loads of space, but takes like 10 seconds to switch from one song from the next. Oh well, can keep it as a thumb drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast