+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im clingy

Im clingy

So my question is. How should I get over this? I feel that if I dont talk to the person that theyre gonna lose theyre feelings for me. My ex's have told me that I dont give them space sometime. That I suffocate a bit. And when we break up im stubborn and wont let go. I find myself to get a bit anxious when thinking about problems. I just met a girl Im liking but I dont wanna ruin it. So help me out? How to stop being so clingy? How do I stop worrying so much? How can I just chill and relax? I also take relationships too seriously. I expect too much from them and they cant take it. What should I do?

I don't think anyone can really give you an answer to that without knowing you. Maybe find a really repulsive (looks/personality/scat fetishes/whatever) girl that you barely give a damn about? Or perhaps just go through so many relationships that you become jaded (relatively) and simply less engaged?

I don't think anyone can tell you how to not FEEL clingy, but I can tell you that you can feel clingy and choose not to act on it. While you can't control your feelings, you CAN control your behaviors.

It gets easier with practice.

I think it's all about working on your fear of someone leaving you. Just learn to realize that if someone left you, it wouldn't be the end of the world. You'd heal and move on eventually.

Also, keep up with your social life, hobbies and friends so that your whole life doesn't revolve around her.

You could also find a girl who likes alot of closeness. There are girls who need more space than others and would therefore find alot of closeness smothering.