+ Follow This Topic

Thread: avoidant personality/social anxiety

avoidant personality/social anxiety

Hello, Its my first thread so thanks to anyone who is taking the time to read this.
    My question is to anyone who suffers from social phobia. I am interested in a man who seems to have this problem and after spending some time together which we both enjoyed a lot (Im sure) he stopped talking to me. What I m asking is would you avoid/withdraw from someone you liked because of your phobia, in case things got serious and you couldnt deal with it? I want to get in touch with him again but am afraid he might just not like me for some reason. I think its more to do with anxiety though. Could I be right?
    Thanks!

Well, of course you could, but you have no way of knowing this and it's pointless to speculate. WHY he's doing what he's doing isn't as important as the fact that he is apparently blowing you off.

For whatever reason, he's disrespecting you. Quit scratching your head about it and determine what the next step in your life is, because this guy doesn't look like a good bet.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people behave like this. I use to find myself acting in a similar way without even knowing it, it just became kind of natural to be less outgoing and that only reinforces such behavior, so it becomes a cycle that is harder and harder to break out of. However, it is his responsibility to wake up and realize what he is doing (withdrawing to some extent) and fix that himself

yeah this guy is taking the easy way out. don't blame yourself. try giving him a call and stuff like that
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]

Bit worried about calling in case hes just not interested though. Would feel even worse